• To take lead in management of all the programmes at the NCD Unit specifically in the areas of Diabetes, Cancer, CVD and Hypertension
• Provide technical expertise in proposal writing and budgeting and provide guidance in programmes for effective implementation
• Provide programmatic management and implementation leadership and liaise with key stakeholders to ensure project implementation and spending is planned, executed and managed as appropriate
• To manage project activities based on action plans
• To undertake activities given by the supervisor from time to time
• To co-ordinate with the internal team members and in the field for day to day updates on project
• Provide guidance and effectively managing the expansion of the NCD Unit
• Travel to project sites as and when required
• Provide supportive guidance to the team and capacity building
• Assist in report writing and paper writing
• Liaison and network with the government officials at the state and district level for partn
Desired Candidate Profile
Post Graduation - Post Graduate-Other
Education: PhD/ MPH/ Post Graduate in Epidemiology, Community Medicine, Public Health or in related discipline from a reputed University / Institute.
Good understanding of government NCD policies and programmes
8-15 years of experience in project management and implementation. Skills in developing programmatic strategy, capacity building, project implementation; collaboration; networking and overall project management ability.
• The person should also have past experience of public health advocacy with government and other stakeholders at state, national and international level.
• Individual should also possess staff mentoring, management experience, strong leadership.
Required Skills & Attributes:
(1) Good documentation (proposals and reports) and communication skills in English;
(2) Good Team management skills and should be able to work with professionals with varied competencies and background;
(3) In depth experience in result based moni