This is a Jaipur, Rajasthan based position with a good amount of time to required to devote to the field. The person will be responsible for identifying issues prevailing at grassroots level / community level which require wider attention and with the help of the project team would put adequate efforts to raise the issue at multiple levels (Block, district and state) for necessary action. The person will also be responsible for developing linkages with various stakeholders at block, district and state level to involve them towards betterment of people. The person will also be responsible for maintaining and updating the records and documents related to project. The advocacy officer will be reporting to the project officer. The position requires intense field visits to work with the team and provide necessary support in identifying issues of wider attention.
Specific Role and Responsibilities:
• Developing advocacy plan with regard to the project and issue.
Desired Candidate Profile
Post Graduation - MSW
Candidates should be post graduate in rural development, social work, social sciences, agriculture or in any relevant discipline from a recognized university. The candidate must have minimum 5 years of experience of working on children’s issues. The candidate should have experience of taking issues for necessary advocacy efforts at various levels by working on and with children, communities, civil Societies and government departments.
1. Strong leadership and interpersonal skills to lead the project activities
2. Ability to plan and think strategically
3. Strong analytical skills
4. Excellent coordination and motivation skills
5. Good Project management skills
6. Excellent reporting and documentation skills – both in Hindi and English
7. Ability to identify team capacity building issues
8. Knowledge of children’s issues especially on Malnutrition and protection
Nature of Employment:
The selected candidate shall be initially offered a one year consultanc