Prayatn is running 3 children homes in Varanasi district of Uttar Pradesh for past 8 years. The children in these homes are from various difficult background and many of them are orphan and / or single parent children. These children are provided with the best facilities for health and education as well as involvement in other co-curricular activities required for over all development of the children. The selection of children for various activities is done as per their interest. As soon as any child completes the age of 14th years, the home management team develops a growth and rehabilitation plan for the child to facilitate smooth rehabilitation of the child in the normal social life.
The Child Welfare Officer will be working under the close guidance of Project Officer, Children’s home for growth and development of the children in the respective homes. One Child Welfare Officer will be responsible for one children’s home having children rangi
Desired Candidate Profile
Post Graduation - Post Graduate-Other
Candidates should be post graduate in social work, social sciences from a recognized university / institution. Candidates should have a minimum experience of 3 years in handling children and working in an institutional set up. An understanding on child rights dimensions would be an added advantage.
1. Strong commitment and willingness to work in home based set up.
2. Strong counseling skills
3. Strong interpersonal skills to deal with children
4. Ability to handle children in group
5. Ability to perform various child focused activities like plays, shows etc.
6. Excellent coordination and motivation skills
7. Good reporting and documentation skills – both in Hindi and English
8. Knowledge of children’s issues especially on protection