APPI has currently made and will make a set of grants that need Monitoring, Evaluation and Learning (MEL) expertise. APPI, is seeking a dynamic individual in the capacity of Senior Program Manager – Monitoring Evaluation and Learning (MEL) who will be leading the MEL function for the organizations. The incumbent
will be responsible for developing strategy and providing technical support on appropriate MEL frameworks to a team of Program Managers and Program Officers who work at the theme and portfolio level respectively in delivering grants for the APPI.
The Senior Program Manager is expected to develop and maintain a variety of relationships across the organization and with grantees.
KEY RESPONSIBILITY AREAS
Grant and/or Programme Management Support
• Support all M&E initiatives for assigned grant(s)/project(s). This will include a) Monitoring data quality
b) Tracking the progress of activities
• Support all Learning & Knowledge Management activities of
Desired Candidate Profile
Post Graduation - Post Graduate-Other
• Experience of 10+ years of post-qualification experience with at least 3 in project/program management and 5 in Monitoring and Evaluation of large programs development projects on ground.
• Knowledge of and experience in designing and using Research and M & E tools, survey, surveillance systems and evaluations
• Strong leadership, interpersonal and collaboration skills; proven ability to be flexible in a team-oriented approach with diverse groups of people and be comfortable in a consensus based environment
• Capacity to produce high-quality briefs and reports in English
• Good level of proficiency in Windows Excel and quantitative analysis
• Demonstrated ability to train and build capacity of others