The sustainability of agricultural interventions is dependent on a robust business model which creates sustainable marketing avenues. Agriculture Expert – Agribusiness will be responsible for rolling out this entire function – starting from mobilizing farmers and formulating a business plan to setting up a Producer Company, implementing the business plan and business development. S/he will be responsible for achieving the project’s agro-industry and marketing objectives, through leading the capacity building efforts, enabling farmers to run sustainable businesses and managing the monitoring and evaluation component.
Specifically, the role will involve the following:
• Capacity-building of project beneficiaries to identify sustainable agro-based economic opportunities and implement a demand-driven, commercialization approach to rural development through Producer Companies.
• Organise and deliver trainings/workshops on Producer Companies, agricultural marketing, value chain analysis, pa
Desired Candidate Profile
Post Graduation - Post Graduate-Other
• Master’s Degree in Agribusiness Management / Marketing / Agriculture / Rural Development.
• At least four years of demonstrated experience in agro-business development.
• Experience in small to medium scale agro-enterprise management and business planning.
• Experience with community-based programs and in dealing with NGOs and government departments.