The Practice Team is responsible for providing cutting-edge and integrated solutions to India’s urban development challenges by bringing together faculty and experts across diverse domains of knowledge and practice; exposing learners to real-life problems and integrating the practice into academics and research.
This is a full time position, in the Practice Team at IIHS based out of Chennai. The Specialist will provide support to the Governance and Enabling Framework Component, and work closely with the Team Leader to deliver the following outputs:
• Provide support to roll-out of the program via State and city agencies
• Legal and Regulatory Review, and Recommendations to improve urban sanitation at the State and local levels
• Revisions to the State Operative Strategy and Guidelines for Septage Managemnt
• Short and Medium Term Action Plan
• Preparation of State Financial Plan and inputs to Annual Budgets
• Support GoTN in planning, implementation and monitoring of relevant urban s
Desired Candidate Profile
Post Graduation - Post Graduate-Other
The candidate is required to possess at least a post-graduate degree with relevant research or training experience in research, documentation, and knowledge management. She/he is expected to haves 5-10 years of relevant experience in these domains.
The candidate should have a demonstrable track record of carrying out secondary and primary research and documentation, developing and/or disseminating knowledge products, etc. Urban sector experience will be an advantage. She or he should also have experience of working in multi-disciplinary teams, good people management skills, and significant competency in project management. The candidate is expected to have exceptional writing and content development skills, and experience of working across different media. Experience of working with government/ donor agencies will be valuable. Preference will be given to candidates with Tamil language skills, and work experience in Tamil Nadu.