The Regional Advocacy Manager (RAM) is a member of the regional team in the International Programmes Department of WaterAid (WA).
The role of IPD is to support resource and enable the delivery of our Global Strategy at the country, regional and continental levels; and develop and deliver our portfolio of programmes to maximise our impact in realising the rights of those who are marginalised and excluded from access to water, sanitation and hygiene services.
The role of the regional team is to support and develop the capacity of our Country Programmes in the region to maximise their impact at the national and regional levels, contribute to the development of a strong WASH sector and thus enable the poor, marginalised and excluded people realise these rights.
The Regional Team also has the role to deliver the Global Strategy at the regional level and bring regional perspectives in WA’s Global initiatives.
Place of work: Based in one of the WA CPs in South Asia (Bangladesh,
Desired Candidate Profile
Post Graduation - Post Graduate-Other
• An exceptional track record of devising and implementing high impact advocacy strategies.
• A proven track record of delivering high quality, original and intellectually robust research projects and commissioning research in an international or regional context
• Experience of developing participatory training and consultation programmes and facilitating these for development organisations and networks
• Experience of leading and collaborating in multi-stakeholder forums, for example, including government, development agencies, private sector, academic institutions, NGOs and civil society partners.
• Experience of rights based programming in advocacy and campaigning
• Highly developed political acumen
• Excellent presentation skills and ability to communicate clearly and persuasively to target audiences - both professional/specialist and non-specialist – with a strong track record of success in persuasive communication and lobbying activities
• An ability to co