State M&E Officer will assist the Kala azar elimination initiative under the NVBDCP to develop sustainable M&E mechanisms; to strengthen existing MI systems for collection and collation of data vertically from block to state level from within the system and also from other stakeholders /consortium partners. S/he will also ensure data analysis, utilization and dissemination to inform programme implementation and performance. The position will report to the Joint Director, NVBDCP through the National M&E Officer, additionally, the position will have additional reporting to State NVBDCP Officers (SPOs) of the respective states.
• Assist NVBDCP in developing strategies to strengthen the surveillance and monitoring systems of the Kala azar elimination initiative of the GoI. Support the programme at the state level to plan, analyse and evaluate data for the Kala azar elimination initiative.
• Develop the State M&E plan with the SPO for the Kala azar elimination initiative.
Desired Candidate Profile
Graduation - MBBS
Experience in statistics/database management programmes desirable
• Networking, people management and relationship management.
M.B.B.S/Preventive Medicine/Population Sciences/ Public Health/ Entomology or equivalent qualification.
• Should be conversant with the National Health Programme and HMIS.
• Strong analytical skills, good writing and communication skills in English and Hindi. Proficiency in Bengali is essential for the state of West Bengal.
• Proficiency in advanced MS Excel is essential; experience in MS ACCESS and statistics/database management programmes desirable