1. The ANM is responsible for taking individual and group sessions on HIV/AIDS, STI, safe sex and
injecting behaviours, prevention of abscesses, overdose prevention, drug treatment options,
2. The ANM also shall engage in family counselling.
3. Demonstrate condom use, counsel on condom negotiation skills.
4. The ANM shall also be responsible for motivating the clients for regular GMC, referral of clients
to ICTC, STI clinic, ART, etc.
5. The ANM shall also engage with providers of social welfare services and facilitate linkage with
social welfare services.
6. The ANM shall also be responsible for orientation of ORWs on counselling techniques and
coordinate the outreach based BCC and psychosocial support activities.
7. The ANM shall also look into the counselling requirement of female sex partner and spouses of
IDUs and motivating them to avail the HIV related services (STI treatment, ICTC, etc).
8. In addition, s/he shall develop the BCC materials suitable for local context,
Desired Candidate Profile
Graduation - Graduate-Other
Graduate with experience in working as social worker in any NGO .Sound Skill
of community mobilization .