The Senior Accounts, Manager should be a dynamic person who assists the Finance Director in the overall management of the financial operations of Azad and is mainly involved in budget analysis, planning, forecasting, and reporting, in accordance with Azad's strategic vision, mission, and goals. Working closely with the Finance Director, Program Directors the Sr. Accounts, Manager is responsible for Azad’s budget, finance, and operations-related activities, from assisting in developing a fiscal strategy to creating projections and reports. The Sr. Accounts, Manager will responsible for the following tasks:
1. Grants management
- Allocation of expenses under specific grants fund.
- Prepare financial statements and reports and ensure that the reports and records are accurate and timely.
- Establish grant budgets and tracking mechanisms in order to maintain compliance with funding conditions
- Tracking program and project budgets and cash flow
- Tracking revenues from all funding sources
2. Financial management
- Perform accounting procedures to ensure effective operations of the office in accordance with Azad’s standard practices.
- Finalize advance, reimbursement of expenses and expense statement for institutes / workshops
- Coordinate with Azad’s Chartered Accountant on matters relating to accounting practices.
- Maintain personnel records of salary payment and tax.
- Tax planning and TDS related issues.
- Produce monthly reporting on the organization’s performance
- Prepare and analyze monthly financial statements
- Ensure accounting policies and procedures are adhered
- Assist in managing the annual external and internal audit
- Preparation of internal and external budgeting and reporting templates
3. Financial Administration
- Ensure effective internal controls
- Oversee monthly invoicing and monitor accounts receivable
- Review accounts payable
- Process payroll
4. Government related compliance
- Submission of quarterly TDS return to Income Tax department and issuing TDS and salary certificates.
- Responsible for GST monthly payment, return etc.
- Preparation and coordination with auditor for finalizing Balance Sheet and FC -4 for Income Tax Department and Ministry of Home Affairs.
5. Budget planning
- Prepare organization budget and consolidated with program budgets.
- Prepare budgets for donors according to proposal.
- Submission of Expenses and Variance Statement according to approved budgets to Finance Director on monthly basis.
6. Administrative functions and other
- Prepare Contract Agreement for consultants.
- Liaise with AMC agencies on issues related to electrical, telephone, internet and office equipment to ensure that all bills are paid on time and maintenance contracts are updated.
- Follow up employee’s benefits (Mediclaim and accident insurance policies, gratuity etc.).
- Processing all bills, checks, and expense reimbursements.
- Support programs with reports and analysis as needed.
Desired Candidate Profile
Post Graduation - MSW
• Ability to juggle complex multiple priorities and to work well independently with little administrative support.
• Ability to handle sensitive financial information in strictest confidence.
• Trustworthiness and good interpersonal and communications skills.
• Impeccable attention to detail.
• Technically skilled; proficient computer applications especially Microsoft Office, and financial software.
• Demonstrated experience in budgeting, financial planning, and analysis.
• High energy level, flexibility and willingness to work beyond office hours.
• Active commitment to the values of the organization, and energetic engagement with Azad’s mission-driven team of colleagues.
• Proven ability to work collaboratively in a team environment.
• Demonstrated ability to communicate effectively at all levels and to build and maintain strong internal and external customer relationships.