Organization: MUMBAI MOBILE CRECHES
Job Title: CHIEF EXECUTIVE
Reports to: BOARD OF DIRECTORS
Mobile Creches took root in Delhi and it branched out to Mumbai in 1972 and Pune in 1980 and has reached over half a million children since. In the last four decades, they have worked on hundreds of construction sites and developed a model programme that can be replicated anywhere. In September 2006, Mobile Creches split into Mumbai Mobile Creches, Mobile Creches (Delhi) and Tara Mobile Creches (Pune). Mumbai Mobile Creches (MMC) reaches over 4500 children every year.
Since 1972, Mumbai Mobile Creches is the only organisation in Mumbai, which has consistently worked with construction workers’ children as its primary focus and one of the very few organisations working with children under three years. It specifically supports the health, education and safety of children living on construction sites. MMC has reached over 100,000 children across 270 construction sites in Mumbai, Navi Mumbai and Thane.
· For all children to have a nurturing and happy childhood.
· To promote ‘child-friendly sites’; where every child living on a construction site is safe, healthy and educated, and able to enjoy their childhood.
Reason for the hire:
Mumbai Mobile Creches is seeking an articulate and enthusiastic Chief Executive who will work with its team to realize the overall strategy of MMC, establish new programmes, scale the existing work, increase the visibility of the organization and strengthen programs design, implementation and monitoring along with expanding the donor base.
This role will be demanding and fast paced. For the right individual, this will provide an exciting opportunity to shape MMC’s work and build strategic partnerships.
Desired Candidate Profile
Post Graduation - MBA/PGDM
Roles and Responsibilities:
Leadership and Management
- Representing, communicating and implementing the organisation's vision, mission and overall direction.
- Ensuring ongoing programmatic excellence and implementation of the organisation's strategy, especially within the context of the challenges posed by COVID 19.
- Overseeing financial management and administration, fund raising, communications and operating of systems.
- Providing support to and seeking directions from the Board by keeping the Directors informed about all relevant matters and being the key link between the Board and the organizational team.
- Building on organisational strengths to scale up impact of the organisation with a variety of stakeholders - community, peer organisations and government.
- Overseeing design, delivery and quality of day-care centres, training and advocacy programmes.
- Presenting a yearly budget for Board approval and prudently managing the organisation's resources within budget guidelines in accordance with current laws and regulations.
- Executing all the responsibilities of the Chief Executive as stated in the organisation's Financial Policy.
Community & Public Relations
- Ensuring that the organisation and its mission, programmes and services are consistently represented in a strong and positive manner to relevant stakeholders
· Overseeing fundraising planning and implementation, including identifying resource requirements, researching funding sources, establishing strategies to approach funders, submitting proposals and administering fund raising records and documentation