About the Organisation
In India 2%, one in every 50, over 26 million people, suffer silently with their intellectual & Developmental disability (IDD). Individuals with IDD have impaired intellectual functioning (such as learning, problem solving, judgement) as well as adaptive functioning (activities of daily life such as communication and independent living).
Within the disabilities space, IDD seems to be the most invisible. Children with disabilities are one of the most marginalized and excluded groups of children, experiencing widespread violations of their rights. Discrimination rises as a consequence of lack of understanding, fear of difference, fear of contagion.
A big focus of ours is to draw a spotlight on the space of IDD and to strengthen the ecosystem which is committed to leave no one behind. We need to help people understand and empower change, to get them to include individuals with IDD in culturally competent & relevant ways.
Jai Vakeel Foundation is the oldest and largest non-profit serving children with Intellectual
Disabilities and caters to over 3000 individuals annually, across varying age groups and varying levels of intellectual and other associated disabilities such as autism, epilepsy, cerebral palsy and visual or hearing impairment.
Our Vision: To strive for the inclusion of individuals with IDD by maximising their potential.
Role with the Organisation
Designation: Sr. Executive Branding & Communication
Summary: The Sr. Executive will be responsible for assisting in all Jai Vakeel Foundation’s internal and external communications. S/he will help manage the dissemination of information on behalf of the organisation.
- Assist with Development of effective communication strategies.
- Ensure Jai Vakeel Foundation’s marketing and communication content is strong, consistent and aligns with organisation values.
- Assist in creating campaigns that can showcase Jai Vakeel’s work amongst all stakeholders (parents, communities, donors and employees).
- Work closely with the team to devise & execute strategies to build our digital presence – from videos, webinars, to apps, to podcasts.
- Work on editorial direction, design, production and distribution of all online & offline marketing material.
- Write articles for mass media, organisation websites, annual reports, event invites and award applications.
- Identify trends and insights.
- Plan, execute and help manage digital and social media by utilising current platforms.
- Measure and report on the performance of all digital marketing campaigns.
- Help identify external opportunities to generate interest and publicity for the organisation’s events and platforms where it’s work can be promoted/showcased.
- Collaborate with agencies and other vendor partners.
- Effectively liaison with retail fundraising platforms (Give India, Giving Tuesday, Aidbees, etc) , design campaigns, reporting to them on project/ beneficiaries supported
- Manage stakeholder database in donor management software and work with communication team to effectively reach out to different stakeholders
- Develop awareness campaigns to engage with communities