About the Organisation
In India 2%, one in every 50, over 26 million people, suffer silently with their intellectual disability (ID). Individuals with intellectual disabilities have impaired intellectual functioning (such as learning, problem solving, judgement) as well as adaptive functioning (activities of daily life such as communication and independent living).
Jai Vakeel Foundation is the oldest and largest non-profit serving children with Intellectual Disabilities and caters to over 3000 individuals annually, across varying age groups and varying levels of intellectual and other associated disabilities such as autism, epilepsy, cerebral palsy and visual or hearing impairment.
Job Role: Executive Associate (EA) to CEO’s Office.
Summary: The Executive Associate serves as the primary point of contact for the CEO’s Office. This dynamic position requires the ability to anticipate needs, think critically, and offer solutions to problems with a high level of professionalism and confidentiality. The Associate will also serve as a liaison to the Leadership Team (LT), Board of Directors, build and manage external relationships; and oversee special projects.
Project Initiatives & Communications
You will from time to time be staffed on special projects that are being undertaken by the Foundation. As a part of this, you would be expected to under:
- Provide coordination and supporting in planning of strategic initiatives and special projects
- Support in developing and implementing activities that focus on the policy and advocacy agenda of the organization
- Assist in developing Strategic Plans to guide the Program implementation within the organisation
- Work closely with Communication team to conduct research, prepare speeches, presentations and talking points for CEO and social media
- Support CEO’s Office/Leadership team with communication material for external audience
- Communicates directly and on behalf of the CEO’s Office with Board Members, donors, foundation staff, and others on matters related to programme initiatives as directed.
- Communicate in a positive and effective manner with staff, students, co-workers, parents and/or visitors whenever required
Day to Day:
- Represent the CEO in designated meetings as required. Prepare an account of the meetings and designates and follows up on assigned action items to ensure smooth communication & consistent reporting to the CEOs office regarding Programme and non-Programme developments.
- Participate as an adjunct member of the LT including assisting in coordinating the agenda, scheduling, follow-ups and attending meetings.
- Organise regular Communication Meetings, Department Reviews and other key meetings to ensure knowledge and value sharing between the CEO and other staff members
- Assist the CEOs Office with daily administrative duties that include managing an active calendar of appointments; composing and preparing correspondence