The People Operations (Recruitment) Officer will be responsible for strategic sourcing and planning of all positions of Room to Read India. S/he will also initiate and implement recruitment strategies to increase the talent pool and pipelines and will provide input to ensure the RtR has diverse talent that performs at a high level responding to the changing needs of the organization. This position works in close collaboration with program and operations and other support functions. Other responsibilities include supervising People Operations Associate/Assistant and supporting Manager, People Operations with strategic planning. This position reports to the Manager, People Operations. The following duties are exemplary of the type of tasks the Officer People Operations may be assigned.
Duties & Responsibilities:
- Responsible for strategically planning and sourcing the potential candidates.
- Be well versed with RtR HR Recruitment Policies, and provide weekly, monthly and quarterly Recruitment metrics as required.
- Lead full-cycle recruitment process and directly recruit positions; develop candidate rosters, employ traditional sourcing strategies, actively network and employ innovative, creative recruiting methods to hire the best talent.
- Develop and maintain a collaborative relationship with key stakeholders internally and externally including HR staff, Universities, recruiting agencies, etc.
- Maintain all documentation pertaining to Recruitment, including tracking weekly recruitment metrics.
- Work closely with hiring managers to review the Job descriptions and make sure all the JDs are updated
- Organise in-take meetings with hiring manager before initiating work on any open position to understand the need of the position and skill set of the candidate.
- The individual will be responsible for pro-active sourcing, advertising, screening, interviewing, reference checking and final negotiations for open positions.
- Implement industry “best practices” to ensure the timely selection of talent that will support RtR’s organizational culture, while contributing to RtR’s position as an employer of choice.
- Expand the capacity of hiring managers and new HR or Recruitment staff to identify talent via improved interview skills & ability to specify critical needs.
- Develop a deep understanding of the RtR’s culture and values and align these with sourcing and attracting talent.
- Develop and implement strategies to maintain internal and external pipeline and roster of talent across all states.
- In collaboration with program team, represent RtR at industry related career fairs, conferences, seminars and other relevant industry events as necessary.
- Other recruitment responsibilities as assigned.
Other HR Responsibilities
- Represent the POSH committees of 3 states and conduct quarterly meeting with the IC members
- SPOC Person for at least 3 states, proactively sense the issues that can emerge and resolve them before they are escalated.
- Lead implementation of global initiatives at country level such as Diversity, Equity and Inclusion
- Be a part of the investigation committees that are established from time to time to deep dive into employee complaints and submit a detailed report to management
- Set goals for performance and deadlines in ways that comply with organization’s growth plan and vision and communicate them to subordinates.
- Organize workflow and ensure that employees understand their duties or delegated tasks
- Conduct regular 1:1 to monitor employee productivity and provide constructive feedback and coaching
- Resolve job related issues if there are any
- Communicate any important information from management to the team and vice versa
- Conduct performance reviews and support their development within the organization
- Recommend reward and promotion based on performance
- Demonstrated ability to design and implement recruiting initiatives, preferably in development sector.
- Bachelor’s degree with minimum of eight years of professional experience in HR position.
- General knowledge of the principles and best practices of Hiring and Selection.
- Strong recruiting background preferably developed through various specialist assignments. The most important of which would be recruiting
- Demonstrated strategic approach to HR with the ability and willingness to also execute the tactical elements of the job.
- Ability to work within narrowly defined objectives under general supervision
- Ability to effectively address well defined problems of moderate complexity and complete moderately complex assignments
- Generally, assists with Country Office wide projects as assigned by the Manager, People Operations
- Generates tactical solutions that address the needs of various departments in the Country Office.
- Excellent communication skills in English (oral and written) and capability to relate and interact with multicultural teams and represent the organization in professional forums