We’re seeking an agile, proactive, and passionate Fund Development Manager to join our Fund Development (FD) team. You will work closely with the CEO and Fund development Manager (FD management team) to develop a portfolio of new CSR, Philanthropic, Big Aid donors and clients by generating funding, grants and donor leads, and collaboratively support in writing proposals, pitches and managing fundraising agencies.
What you’ll do:
Business Acquisition and Gathering Leads
- Identify prospective CSR partners & getting them onto the proposal stage. You'll do this by carefully researching the CSR, philanthropic and Big Aid sector, analysing the following requirements of different channels in line with organisational goals and fund requirements.
- Identify Institutional, Philanthropic as well as Development partners and grants to apply for on an ongoing basis based on fund requirements
- Strive to meet and exceed targets to achieve the annual Fund Development targets.
- This would involve research of the donor and grant making organisation’s thorough research to understand their priority areas and history of grant making to build solid context
- Engaging with philanthropic and CSR clients to understand what are their requirements in the proposal
- Collaboratively working with fellow fundraising manager, CEO and Head of Staff to finalise the pitch, budget and other nitty gritty details
- Measure donor lead generation efficiency and provides inputs for improvement
- Able to coordinate and work collaboratively with the Fundraising team and Head of Staff for organising budgets and raising funds accordingly.
- Gathers Market intelligence & tracks Competition Best Practices.
- Deepen existing donor portfolio to ensure customer stickiness by developing professional relationships with CSR Committees/Managers of corporations along with the fellow Fund Development manager collaboratively
- Accordingly organise field visits ( post Covid) , Zoom interactions of our field workers with Corporates or volunteer opportunities for corporates to keep customer interest intact and result in higher repeat Donations.
Who you are:
- Bachelor's degree in any discipline.
- 3+ years experience in the NGO sector specifically in fundraising & stakeholder management
- An exceptional communicator with written and verbal skills and an ability to drive accountability
- Extroverted personality with an knack for networking and developing potential leads and follow ups
- Experience managing multiple stakeholders, preferably liaising corporate and media.
- An instinctive self-starter and problem solver who can quickly identify opportunities and make the most of them
- Low ego, collaborative team member; motivated to work with other verticals to improve the quality of interventions
- Ability to thrive in ambiguity, remain cool-headed when there are curve balls and withstand the tests of a rapidly changing environment with resilience and resolve
- Highly organized and resourceful, with an ability to drive focus, clarity and prioritization
- Cognisant of balancing both the balcony organisational goals and the dancefloor execution in the field
- Data driven with excellent documentation skills; ability to analyse and share key insights with HQ team
- Empathetic, respectful and grounded with a strong understanding of the role organisation culture plays in motivating and retaining teams
- Passionate about gender equity, women empowerment and menstrual health
- Fluent in spoken and written English; spoken Hindi/Kannada/ Tamil/ Marathi
What we offer:
- A flexible remote working culture rooted in our organisational values of respect, empathy and trust
- A comprehensive full-time position
- Growth and development opportunities
- Access to a flourishing network within the social development sector
Annual salary range: Rs 4,00,000 - 6,00,000
Reporting & Organisational Structure:
The FD Manager will work collaboratively with another team member (FD manager), and both will report directly to the Chief Executive Officer.
In response to the health risks associated with the pandemic, we’ve chosen to embrace the switch to remote working. This role is not required to be based out of a particular state, however key regions of operation include Jhabua, Madhya Pradesh; Jamui, Bihar; Palghar, Maharashtra; Bangalore, Karnataka.
Despite being dispersed across India and abroad, we ensure that our teams and work are grounded in a strong, inclusive culture where all gender, sexuality, caste, cultural and religious identities are respected and heard (see our Anti-Discrimination Policy). We encourage a healthy balance of work and life, creating safe spaces for people to show up with authenticity while hustling to achieve our audacious impact goals.