What we do
Madhi works closely with the Tamil Nadu School Education Department to conceptualise and implement large scale quality improvement programmes in Tamil Nadu’s government schools. Over the course of the next 5 years Madhi will strengthen its existing programmes in the state (as well as undertake new programmes) with the singular aim of ensuring transformative improvement in the quality of school education in Tamil Nadu. Madhi’s programmes in Tamil Nadu are consolidated under a single umbrella called Project: TN Soars, comprising 3 critical projects: 1. Ennum Ezhuthum (The Tamil Nadu state Foundational Learning Mission), 2. TechForEdSystems and 3. Tamil Nadu STEAM Model Schools.
Ennum Ezhuthum: We are currently also working as the ‘Chief Management Partner’ for Tamil Nadu’s official Foundational Learning Mission, The ‘Ennum Ezhuthum Mission’ - a Rs. 500 Cr Mission of national and regional importance aimed at universalising foundational learning for all children in Tamil Nadu’s 37,000 government schools.
TechforEdSystems: Madhi is working towards revolutionizing the state’s education governance systems through TechforEdSystems - an end-to-end monitoring solution including sophisticated applications and processes developed by Madhi, which enables the system to effectively integrate technology and data into its governance and decision making systems.
Tamil Nadu STEAM Model Schools: To ensure holistic growth of children from underserved communities and to empower them with the skills to work toward their dreams, the Department of School Education has embarked on an ambitious project of setting up ‘Tamil Nadu Model Schools’ that will serve children from the most marginalized backgrounds and equip them with skills and knowledge such that their disadvantages get mitigated and no longer impede their success in academics, work and life. Madhi has joined the Department to assist in the setting up of these 38 Model Schools, each exemplifying the principles of equity and inclusion in letter and spirit, enabling every student, irrespective of their background, to receive equal opportunities to aspire and achieve their goals.
The job vacancy detailed here pertains to this Model Schools project. To know more about the work we do, check out our information brochure at bit.ly/MadhiFdn_LearnMore
Your team (STEAM Model Schools)
The TN Model Schools Project Team comprises 4 sub-verticals: 1. Content, 2. Training, 3. Mentoring & Counselling and 4. Data for governance. All the sub-verticals work together seamlessly and implement TN STEAM Model Schools across the districts in the state.
About the role:
The Associate, Project Management - Model Schools, will support the Senior Manager to bring the Model Schools team’s sub-verticals to function seamlessly as one team. The Associate will also be responsible for bringing the programmatic vision for Model Schools alive by constantly aligning the team’s activities in-line with the short, medium and long term project goals.
In this role, some of your responsibilities will include
- Support in setting up project management systems for the programme
- Ensure adherence to the project management protocols and support the Senior Manager to ensure that these systems are used effectively
- Support in organisational learning by sharing data periodically and setting up step-backs for the team to reflect and improve on their practices
- Prepare draft of letters and documents for the state coordinator for the project to progress smoothly
- Draft reports and presentations for various stakeholders (internal and external) for Model schools
- Support with the documentation of Madhi’s internal project management data
- Represent Madhi in state-level meetings with Samagra Shiksha, SCERT and other departments
- Support in articulating Madhi’s strategic approach for the FLN Mission by drafting presentations reports
- Collaborate with multiple external partners for the project and evaluate the scope for synergy