The Bhumi Fellowship is designed to bring in smart young people to transform the Indian schooling system. Through this two-year journey, we aim to positively impact the lives of one million children in the next decade.
This professional programme will develop the youth into change facilitators who enable schools to function better as an eco-system. The fellows will be placed in government and other low-income schools. The fellows will focus on professional development of teachers, leadership development of school leaders and whole school transformation. The person will manage the fellowship programme while being the nodal point to all stakeholders at the school, fellows, partners, donors and Bhumi.
Roles & Responsibilities of Programme Manager
- Work alongside the Programme Director in improving the strategy through effective monitoring and feedback
- Design the structures that will create a supportive ecosystem for Fellows, enabling them to be successful in their roles
- Empower the team by developing their skills and competencies through regular training and monitoring
- Coordinate the programmatic activities through classroom observations, team meetings, and training sessions to ensure effective implementation
- Interpret student-impact data, and observational inputs – to make short and long-term strategic decisions
- Build partnerships with stakeholders including the school management, the government and donors to ensure the long-term sustainability of our efforts
- Contributes to broader fellowship priorities such as fellow recruitment and selection
- Scope: Full time
- Reporting to: Executive Director
- Remuneration: Rs.5.5-6.5 lakhs per annum, negotiable based on candidate’s profile
- Expected Joining Date: Immediate
- Location: Chennai
- Minimum commitment: Three years