Location: Based at Mijwan-Azamgarh/Lucknow, Uttar Pradesh
Work Type: Contractual (initial one year and renewal based on performance and fund availability)
Reporting To: CEO
Application Deadline: 31st Dec 2021 at firstname.lastname@example.org with Subject line Program Manager
The Senior Program Manager is responsible for the day-to-day operations of MWS, in accordance with the strategic direction established by the CEO and the Board. The Program Manager will lead the assigned programmatic activities of the NGO, and oversee its staff to ensure effective and efficient operations, systems, and procedures to achieve the organisation’s goals, and create impact for its beneficiaries.
• Lead the different assigned projects of Mijwan Welfare Society
• Lead and direct the program team at the branch and give clear direction to the team members and allocate tasks on a timely basis.
• Support MWS school
• Should have a thorough understanding of program planning, program development and budgets and fund utilization
• Lead the development of work-plans, and track the progress of projects within the prescribed timelines.
• Regular monitoring of project activities being implemented by the field staff.
• Support the finance and accounts team with required documents during audits of the various programs.
• Documentation and maintaining a program tracker on a regular basis.
• Co-ordinate with the CEO and the fund-raising team on the potential proposals’ preparation and presentation as per need.
The candidate should enjoy the challenge of working on complex problems and should be passionate about the development sector. They must be a reliable team player, with a demonstrated ability to work with flexibility, efficiency, and diplomacy. The candidate will be required to use a mix of interpersonal, management, and analytic skills in a fast-paced and challenging environment, to develop and oversee sound strategies and implementation plans.
Specific requirements include the following:
• Should have a minimum of 4 to 6 years of experience in planning, monitoring, and evaluation of programs.
• Should have completed Master in Social Work (MSW)/ Public Administration, Public /International Development/ Policy/Development studies, Education or equivalent Postgraduate degree from a reputed institute.
• 8-10 years of work experience in the Indian development sector. Freshers with a strong understanding of the development sector in India could be considered.
• 2-3 years of work experience leading programs or teams in the development sector
• Experience managing complex projects
• Experience developing and managing budgets
• Experience in the Education, Vocational Skilling, and/or Civic Participation spaces beneficial
• Ability to work independently, as well as to motivate and lead a team
• Fluency in spoken and written English and Hindi
• Excellent verbal and written communication and presentation skills
• Strong trouble-shooting and problem-solving abilities
Salary: 40-45K (INR) per month. The initial contract for a year and renewal is based on performance and funds availability.
For more on Mijwan Welfare Society log on to www.mijwan.org