The key role of this position is to assist the senior management team in identifying the policy priorities that are critical to achieving the vision of the organisation and lead government engagement for improved policy initiatives. S/he will ensure that the intended policy and programmatic audience is engaged and utilize the research evidence generated. S/he will be responsible for engaging the government, regulators, and other stakeholders on policies that will enable to accomplish organisation strategic goals. S/he will use a range of policy engagement and communication tools to engage the relevant stakeholders through working groups, policy dialogues, and one-on-one meetings among others using traditional and online communication channels. This position will closely work with programmatic heads of MHT, research agencies, think tanks, financial institutions, technology firms, media groups and community action groups (women collectives), to gather information about and keep track of key policy matters that need to be addressed, modified, and added to the existing policies and regulations to create an enabling environment to achieve the goals of the organisation.
The organisation has been established since 1994 and has a strong grassroots technical team. The learnings and policy engagement will primarily emerge from their work. Hence the incumbent shall have to learn to co-exist with them and respect their grassroots knowledge.
Desired Candidate Profile
Post Graduation - MBA/PGDM
· A Master’s degree in Public Policy, Economics, Development Studies or a related field
· Good understanding of the urban development policy space in India focusing on issues like housing, energy, climate change, water & sanitation etc.
· At least 5 years of relevant work experience in social research, public policy or related field
· High networking skills and demonstrated ability to interact with a varied set of stakeholders including Government officials and departments
· Strong written/oral communication skills: prior demonstrated research and report generation from which action, policy or system change was an outcome; comfortable with public speaking and meeting facilitation; and ability to present/write technical details in simple language.