Then, you could be the answer to ETASHA Society’s search for Development Counsellors who
are passionate about connecting with and supporting young people, particularly from underprivileged communities.
You are the person we are looking for, if you also have:
• A Post-Graduate Diploma in Counselling & Guidance
• A Bachelor’s degree, preferably, in Sociology or Psychology
• Excellent English and Hindi language communication skills – written and spoken
• Basic ability to work on Computers and use of internet.
• At least one year’s experience of working with adolescents and youth as a counsellor,
• mentor or teacher
• Demonstrated desire to help and work with young people from marginalized
• Empathy and ability to connect with young people
• Ability to work with participative methodologies
• Self-motivated with a passion for continuous improvement
Role & Responsibilities:
Development Counsellor is a key position in all our Programs for Adolescents, which are:
• Life Skills Development, Counselling and Guidance Services in Schools
• Career Guidance Workshops
• Online Counselling and Guidance through ‘Keh Daalo’, our Toll-free Helpline
• Scholastic Improvement Program
• Primary focus of the role is on
• Conducting Career Guidance, Counselling and Life Skills Programs:
1. Conducting Workshops, Seminars and Training Programs
2. Ensuring high quality of training delivered
3. Developing and updating content on Life Skills, Career Guidance and Counselling
4. Reading extensively and adding to the Careers Library
• ? Coordinating with schools
1. Getting permission from school principals
2. Coordinating with School coordinator to schedule sessions as required,
3. Ensuring room allocation and availability of school resources required for
4. conduct of sessions
5. Ensuring availability of teaching-learning material
6. Documenting attendance and progress of students and maintaining data
7. Reporting on the outcome of workshops to schools/ NGOs and funders
8. Writing Case histories for funder Reports, Website and Media
9. Assisting in development of new Life Skills programs and workshops
Current Openings and Remuneration
• Current openings are for:
• 1 – Janauli in Palwal District, Haryana
• 2 - Gurugram
The roles are primarily location-based, but all counsellors are required to travel to
schools where projects are under implementation. Also, to South Delhi for
training and occasionally to other ETASHA centers/project locations.
• We pay between Rs. 20,000 – Rs. 30,000 per month, depending upon skills and experience. PF, ESI and other benefits will be available as per rules.
• Working hours are from 9 am to 6 pm from Monday through Saturday.
Interested candidates may reply by mail latest by 15 th January ‘22 to firstname.lastname@example.org with an updated CV including current address, 3 references, Preferred location, Minimum Acceptable Salary and time-frame of joining, if selected.
Location: Janauli & Gurugram, Haryana