Experience: Minimum 2 year in Monitoring & Evaluation role
Salary Package: Not Disclosed (Depends on the relevant experience)
Roles and Responsibilities:
The Monitoring and Evaluation (M&E) Officer will be responsible for the design, coordination and implementation of the monitoring and evaluation, research, and learning framework of the Project. She will develop a systematic monitoring framework to improve the qualitative and quantitative evidence gathered by the Project. She will also provide technical assistance to the implementing agencies, particularly in relation to monitoring, reporting and governance issues.
1. Setting up the system:
• To develop the project log frame matrix, particularly in the areas of performance indicators and their measurement.
• Responsible for the development and/or finalization of the project Work Plan and keep it updated in accordance with project activities and timeframes as relevant.
• Develop the overall framework, for project M&E, for example mid-term project review, impact assessment, final evaluation, develop project Performance Monitoring Plan with relevant data collection systems.
• Review the quality of existing data in the project subject areas, the methods of collecting it, and the degree to which it will provide good baseline statistics for impact evaluation.
• Develop baseline data for each project component and for all project indicators.
• With collaborating partners, review their existing approaches and management information systems and agree on any required changes, support and resources.
• Develop a plan for project-related capacity-building on M&E and for any computer-based support that may be required.
2. Implementation of M&E and coordination:
• Collect strategy wise data on a regular basis to measure achievement against the performance indicators.
• Check data quality.
• Maintain and administer the M&E database; analyze and aggregate findings.
• Support project progress reporting, project mid-term review and final evaluation.
• Identify areas where technical support to project is required. Organize refresher training on M&E for partners as required.
• Identify lessons learned and develop case studies to capture qualitative outputs of the project. Provide advice to the Organization on improving project performance using M&E findings.
• Produce reports on M&E findings and prepare presentations based on M&E data as required.
• Provide the Senior level management with qualitative and quantitative information as and when required.
• Check that monitoring data are discussed in appropriate forum and in a timely fashion in terms of implications for future action. If necessary, create such discussions to fill any gap.
Qualification Requirement: Minimum a relevant Bachelor’s degree.
• Minimum of 2 years of professional experience in an M&E position responsible for implementing M&E activities of Indian and Foreign Funders.
• Experience in designing, implementing, and operating project M&E systems from project initiation to closeout stages.
• Experience in designing and managing beneficiary monitoring and database systems.
• Knowledge of the major evaluation methodologies (e.g. qualitative, quantitative, mixed-method, and impact) and data collection and analysis methodologies.
• Experience in planning and managing surveys.
• Experience in developing and refining data collection tools.
How to apply:
Email at firstname.lastname@example.org with Subject Line as “M&E Officer” along with below mentioned attachments –
1. Cover letter (not more than 500 words)
2. Updated resume
Application Closing Date: 20-Jan-22
Location: 1) Lucknow, Uttar Pradesh
2) Varanasi, Uttar Pradesh
3) Ranchi, Jharkhand