Position: Finance Associate , The ALLIES Project, REACH
Specific responsibilities will include to:
• Ensure adherence to organization policies and procedure
• Maintenance of books of accounts and related documents on an ongoing basis.
• Timely payment processing and ensuring accuracy and necessary documentation
• Ensure all statutory, donor and organizational compliances are adhered to with regards sound financial management
• Timely and accurate preparation and submission of all periodic financial reports MIS and forecast as per donor and organizational requirement
• Maintenance of agreement / contract file for TBCs, consultants, etc
• Maintenance of petty cash and cash register for the project
• Processing Entries in TALLY ERP9 and regular TALLY backup
• Ensure to book expenditure as per approved budget/activity code
• Preparing the Budget Vs Expenditure analysis periodically
• Preparation of Vouchers and maintenance of voucher files
• Prepare cheques and maintenance of cheque books
• Liaison with bank for NEFT/RTGS transfers and other clarifications
• Collect bank statement and prepare Bank Reconciliation on monthly basis
• Ensure all expenses are within assigned project budget.
• Preparation of monthly activity wise expenses report
• Preparation of details of TDS, PF, Professional Tax deducted under project on a monthly basis for monthly returns
• Check and send Form 16 /16A to respective vendors/staff/TBCs
• Send communication to individuals/staff/TBC for transfer of funds for confirmation on regular basis
• Maintain master data base for bank account details of staff, vendor, TBC, consultants etc
• Ensure that financial transactions are properly processed and recorded
• Identify and resolve invoicing issues, accounting discrepancies and other financial related issues.
• Verification of the Invoices/claims etc., and ensure payment are made as per the entitlement
• Keeping track and follow up outstanding advances and payables
• Ensure all the statutory deductions made as per IT act, while processing payment
• Prepare income tax calcutation for the staff
• Coordination for preparation of reports, during statutory and fund audit
• Any other assignment from time to time
Qualifications, Experience and competencies required:
• Graduate in Commerce from a reputed institution, with minimum 3 years of work experience in non-profit sector.
• Expert proficiency in TALLY ERP and MS Office.
• Able to work independently with minimum supervision
• Well versed in the financial/accounting systems/Financial documentation
• Sound knowledge of accounting practices and statutory guidelines with hands-on experience with statutory requirements like Income tax, TDS, PF, PT and FCRA.
• Exposure to Auditing, Closing of Books of Account and Financial Accounts and Balance Sheet preparation
• Ability to multi-task and perform under deadline
• Strong interpersonal skills
• Able to work with the team with diversity
• Able to work in strict time lines
• Efficiency in solving problems
• Proficiency in English and local language
• Excellent oral and written communication skill in English
• Good understanding of budgeting and budget monitoring.
• Demonstrate a high degree of honesty and integrity.
REACH is an equal opportunity employer. Qualified women candidates are encouraged to apply. Remuneration will be at par with market standards and will be based on experience and qualifications.
Candidates meeting the above requirements may send their application including a covering letter describing their suitablity for this position and an updated CV (with at least three references) to email@example.com at the earliest and no later than 10th January 2022. Only shortlisted applicants will be contacted.