Project : Supporting India’s Progress Towards 95-95-95 through EMTCT, Interventions among Incarcerated Populations, Integrated Service Delivery for High Risk and Bridge populations and systems strengthening
Job Code : SAATHII/SU-PR/NFM/1221/184
Location : New Delhi / Chennai
Closing date : January 11, 2022
Qualification and Skills:
• Candidates having Post-graduate / Graduate degree in Commerce should apply. Candidates having additional professional qualifications (Chartered Accountant / Cost Accountant / MBA) will get additional weightage.
• Minimum 5 years’ of working experience at senior managerial level and engaged in financial management, sub-grants management and administration in the NGO sector.
• Proven ability at Senior Manager level, overseeing financial management and partner management of multi-state complex projects with tight deadlines and ambitious targets
• Proven ability in interfacing with donors and ensuring compliance with statutory requirements
• Proven ability and skills in managing large procurements
• Proven ability and skills in managing HR of a large team and administration
• Excellent oral and written communication skills in English and working knowledge of Hindi.
• Willingness to travel extensively to all the project implementation states and sub-grantee partner organizations. An average travel of 15 to 18 days per month will be required
• Ability to train and mentor the junior staff as well as the finance staff of the partner organizations in accounting work / financial management.
• Proven skills in program-finance variance analysis, preparation of budgets and forecasts.
• Sound computer skills, including use of Internet and MS Office™ software and Tally accounting package (ERP version).
• Strong analytical capabilities and experience in generating monthly and quarterly status reports and projections.
• Ability to work independently and as a team player in a complex, multicultural environment.
Roles and Responsibilities:
• Develop and/or revise policies, guidelines and systems for grant and financial management.
• Undertake pre-grant assessment of partners and state units.
• Establish and ensure compliance to financial management systems for minimization and elimination of financial risks.
• Preparation of financial report to donor and government,
• Supervising finance and administration team on rigorous financial and administrative systems
• Support budget preparation and revisions
• Oversight of routine accounting work of the finance team of the Principal Recipient (PR).
• Verify and approve payment requisitions submitted by the partners and state units.
• Support the Finance Director to manage all administrative responsibilities including HR, contracts and vendors, procurement, and routine administration functions
• Partner contracting, and management and ensure compliance of all financial and donor requirements
• Ensure statutory deductions of TDS, Provident Fund and Professional Tax of the vendors and staff and timely reporting to government.
• Facilitate preparation and submission of timely and accurate financial reports to the relevant donors.
• Review and reconcile monthly / quarterly financial reports of state units and partners.
• Undertake monthly and quarterly planning and reviews (administrative and programme-finance).
• Support in annual financial audits and adherence to recommendations made by the auditors.
• Conduct On-site-data-validation (OSDV) in sub-recipient partners on routine periodic basis
• Train and mentor administration and finance teams across project offices and partners through supportive monitoring visits.
• Undertake any other activities as required by the project and/or organization.
Remuneration: Salary will be commensurate with skills, qualifications, years ‘of experience and current pay scale.
Please submit a comprehensive CV in English with a supporting cover letter. Please fill-up the mandatory details in the following tabular format in the cover letter:
Age (as on 1st January, 2022)
Highest education qualification
Total work experience
Relevant work experience (as per job requirement)
Current Salary (monthly)
Expected Salary (monthly)
Name of Three Referees (including a current or most recent employer)
Applications should be sent by e-mail to the following addresses, and clearly specify the Position Title and Job Code.
SAATHII has zero-tolerance towards harassment (whether sexual or non-sexual) or any form of abuse, including – but not limited to – harassment and violence targeted at children and women,
PLHIV, gender non-conforming persons and member of the LGBTIQA+ communities.