1. Conduct the vulnerability assessment in the community and support the child welfare officer to develop the individual care plan for the identified children and implementation of the plan
2. Organize issue- based awareness activities in the community with the support of children and community members.
3. Provide technical and handholding support to the Children Activity and learning center facilitators in running and managing the centers effectively.
4. Link the most vulnerable children and their families with local administration and ensure the family and children receive support from the govt as per the need.
5. Responsible for family strengthening work to support the families of restored children by providing dry ration, link families in social protection scheme, link children with school and vocational training.
6. Responsible for rapport building at community level networks and local mobilize resources for supporting project interventions
7. Conduct and organize periodic meeting and capacity building programmes for the community based structures like child protection committees and children groups in the community
8. Prepare and maintain process documentation of all the activities and beneficiaries’ details and to ensure quality check of the documentation maintained by the community outreach workers for the community intervention
9. Responsible for weekly/monthly reporting of the community level activities.
10. Liaison with local elected representatives, traditional leaders and key decision makers and other relevant stakeholders.
11. Station outreach in case of emergency and need, any other work assigned by the Project Manager)
Desired Candidate Profile
Graduation - Graduate-Other
Graduation/Diploma in any stream. Graduates in Social Work will have an added advantage
Minimum 2 years of relevant work experience in development sector
Experience of working in community outreach and engagement, particularly with vulnerable/disadvantaged groups.
Experience of recruiting, supporting, and mentoring volunteers within a community project
Experience of organizing creative and successful events which engage and involve people from a range of different backgrounds
Hard-working, reliable and professional, able to manage a varied and challenging workload and work well both as part of a team and alone.
Willing and able to work in different environments and spending a large amount of time on the ground within communities including being station based, as per project requirement
Strong communication skills including presenting, facilitation and relationship building and Proficiency in Hindi (both verbal & written)
Basic level proficiency in MS Office (MS-Word, MS-Excel).
Experience of working with a variety of different stakeholders
Proficiency in English (written & verbal) will be an added advantage
Knowledge of child protection issues and laws will be an added advantage.