Reports to: Head of Communications & PR
Works closely with Tech team and Director - MAP / Director - MAP Academy
Role type: Full-time
Contract: 2 years
Salary: Best based on Experience
Application Deadline: January 7, 2022
Role Commencement: ASAP
The web project manager key role in the continual development of MAP’s websites development strategy. Working with various stakeholders and a solution provider’s delivery team, he/she will articulate project objectives to team members and assist with ground-level project execution.
This role will possess a deep knowledge of the range and capabilities of modern web technologies, together with strong project management skills gained in an agile, digital environment and good interpersonal & communications skills.
The Project Manager acts as liaison between client stakeholders (and their specific project objectives) and the internal MAP team delivering against those objectives. The Project Manager thrives in the role of project SME—being the deep owner of all requirements with the ability to provide detail and status on any project item.
• Define, maintain, and drive project estimates, scope, and corresponding deliverables.
• A success-focused mindset and willingness to creatively problem solve
• Ability to effectively organize and prioritize tasks in a fast-paced environment
• Experience successfully scoping and estimating development schedules, dependencies, and resource allocations.
• Proven ability to facilitate meetings with a variety of participants including customers and engineers.
• Experience working with non-technical teams.
• Great interpersonal/organizational skills, with the ability to perform as a team member.
• Work to remove any impediments that obstruct the team’s pursuit of its sprint goals.
• Provide status reports on project schedule, scope, and budget.
• Bachelor's degree in a related field or equivalent experience
• Knowledge of specific IT project management and SDLC delivery methodologies
• 7+ years of industry experience as a project manager within a technology environment, with a record of successfully delivering complex products and services.
• 4+ years of web application development project management with understanding of Agile and traditional software development methodologies.
• Experience in communicating with clients in various ways
• Knowledge about the development and design of online sites
• Good knowledge of programming language like JAVA, HTML, PHP, CSS and hosting setup is a plus
• Demonstrated experience with WordPress required
• Prior experience as a web designer and/or WordPress full-stack developer desired
• Understanding of SEO and digital marketing concepts and strategy
• Good knowledge of easy content management integration
• Experience with Photoshop, xD, HubSpot, Google Workspace, and Teamwork is a plus
• Clear understanding of web application development principals and basic architecture.
• Knowledge of triage process and issue tracking, preferably using JIRA.
• Ability to design, develop, upgrade, and maintain web projects
• Good knowledge of search engine optimization and traffic generation strategies for websites
• Prior experience / museum knowledge preferred.
Equality & Diversity
MAP is an equal opportunities employer. It opposes all forms of discrimination and believes that all people, regardless of their identity or membership of any group deserve to be treated equally, consistently and fairly. MAP welcomes creativity, excellence and different perspectives that individuals of all backgrounds and abilities bring to our work.