The psychologist shall primarily be responsible for providing counseling support and therapy for the program participants from the PoC (Persons of Concern) community. The psychologist would work closely with other teams to achieve the project success. The psychologist would also be required to update all records and case files maintained in the project along with active participation in various activities organized for the program participants (refugees/asylum seekers).
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Conduct counseling session with the program participants.
- Conduct psychological assessment, psychiatric assessment, comprehensive psychosocial and vulnerability assessment of program participants.
- Conduct individual and group therapy sessions with the program participants.
- Build rapport and refer cases to mental health, rehabilitation, psychiatry centres and institutions.
- Conduct regular follow ups of the program participants for case management.
- Conduct trainings for the program participants on a need basis.
- Meet program participants individually or as a group to assess the program growth.
- Conduct regular follow ups for case assessment and plan case intervention in consultation with the psychosocial coordinator.
- Support the self-approach cases with emergency interventions.
- Take part actively in various activities, relief distributions and meetings organized at the centre/field for the program participants.
- Master’s degree in Psychology from a regular college
- Minimum 1 year of previous relevant job experience
Skills and Competencies:
- Fluency in English and Hindi
- Proficient computer skills, Microsoft Office Suite (Word, PowerPoint, Outlook, and
- Excel) and instructional software
- Ability to work with a diverse group and settings
- Ability to record, observe and report by conducting field v isits and follow ups of
- program participants
- Good interpersonal and communication skills with all levels of management
- Good networking abilities with flair for building long term partnerships with
- Able to multitask, prioritize, and manage time efficiently
- Good teamwork skills
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Able to analyze problems and strategize for better solutions
- Ability to work under pressure and disciplined
Nature of Engagement:
The Psychologist shall be hired for a fixed term employment contract i.e., till 31st December 2022.
The selected candidate shall be paid a consolidated amount based on salary history, qualification and
Location: New Delhi (Bhogal, Malviya Nagar, Vikaspuri)
Eligible candidates (Indian origin) interested in the position are requested to send their CVs along with a cover letter to email@example.com , by or before 20th January 2022. Only shortlisted candidates will be called for the interview rounds and no regret mail or calls will be made to those who are not shortlisted.