Roles and Responsibilities :
• Technical and thought leadership in designing, planning, integration and implementation of urban health models into urban Health and Wellness Centres across intervention states
• Work closely with NPO – CPHC and state government counterparts to develop, implement, monitor state specific project activities including development of roadmaps, work-plans, activities, reports etc. particularly for urban health components
• Evaluate the status of urban health implementation across urban HWCs in intervention states to outline systemic and technical barriers and also derive strategies by bringing national and global best practices for improving delivery of urban healthcare in primary level settings
• Devise strategies and support in liaison with other departments of state governments like Urban Local Bodies, Municipalities/ Municipal Councils, Urban Planning and development, PWD, Social Welfare, Water and Sanitation, Solid Waste Management and General Administration department for convergent efforts in strengthening delivery of facility-based and outreach (including mobile units) services in the catchment area of urban HWCs
• Explore partnerships with the external urban key stakeholders including development partners in order to take up the joint efforts towards strengthening the urban health in the states
• Devise strategies to leverage technical and financial resources by engaging private sector and other partners in strengthening provision of healthcare services in urban areas
• Develop and design continuum of care models by linking primary (with community-based care), secondary and tertiary healthcare facilities for enhanced access to quality healthcare
• Define and develop special packages/ interventions with a focus on vulnerable groups like urban poor, migrant workers, slum dwellers etc. for improving provision of care and support
• Facilitate project activities including trainings, on-site coaching, workshop planning, logistics planning and management to ensure smooth project implementation
• Develop and produce documents like situation analysis reports, assessment reports, success stories, gap analysis plans, procurement plans etc. as per the program need and local context
• Work with Monitoring & Evaluation (M&E) team to establish systems for tracking progress, indicators and deliverables according to agreed work-plans to ensure state and donor requirements are met
• Represent Jhpiego at national and state-level meetings involving government and development partners
• Frequent travel to the districts as per the project and organizational requirements
• Perform other activities, as assigned by the supervisor to achieve organizational goals
• Ability to think strategically and develop strategic documents
• Ability to multi task and work under multicultural environment
• Ability to develop productive working relationships with other agencies, stakeholders and other organizations including government counterparts
• Ability to handle a variety of assignments under pressure of deadlines
• Strong written and oral communication skills in English and Hindi
• Proficiency in writing technical and programmatic documents such as training materials and reports
• Proficiency in computers – Microsoft Office
• Ability and willingness to travel up to 40 % of his/her time
Qualifications/Knowledge and Experience:
• Bachelors in Medicine, Dentistry, AYUSH or Nursing with valid registration is preferred. PG Diploma/ Masters in Public Health (MPH)/ Masters in Rural management is a must
• 5-8 years of experience of working with government counterparts specifically in urban health and planning.
• Experience of working at national level in urban health with MoHFW/ NITI Aayog/ national level technical partner is essential.
• Technical knowledge and demonstrated experience in developing SoPs and high-quality strategic documents for public health programs
• Familiarity with the Indian health system, newer initiatives in health sector and relevant government policies/strategies particularly NHM, Ayushman Bharat and National Digital Health Mission.
• Experience in implementing and managing RMNCH programs.
Jhpiego offers highly dynamic and enabling work environment and provides competitive compensation based on experience and background. Interested candidates should submit their application with a covering note to firstname.lastname@example.org
Due to high volume of applications, only shortlisted applicants will receive a response from Jhpiego HR