• Technical and thought leadership in community engagement efforts of national and state level teams under project NISHTHA
• Develop a clear community engagement strategy for NISHTHA both in the space of primary healthcare as well as building resilience of communities in a post COVID era
• Undertake needs assessment and landscaping of existing community engagement models in primary healthcare space especially with regards to vulnerable populations
• Brainstorm and lead the process of developing and designing various community engagement and social accountability models in comprehensive primary healthcare (CPHC) space
• Conceptualize and design activities towards strengthening community engagement and monitoring through digital interventions
• Take lead in identifying and fostering partnerships with relevant organizations working in the area of community engagement and empowerment
• Coordinate with project implementing partners to manage and provide support in the conceptualization, design, roll out, implementation and monitoring of community engagement models.
• Spearhead development of various job aids, training materials, capacity building tools, monitoring framework, communication tools etc. for community engagement projects.
• Conduct analysis of program implementation to identify areas for improvement and propose appropriate technical strategy and guidelines.
• Develop technical briefs, reports, or other necessary materials to facilitate research, best practices, guidelines, policies and procedures.
• Liaison with national/ state teams for documentation of project learnings and process documentation of various community engagement efforts under project.
• Represent Jhpiego at national and state-level meetings, workshops, conferences, capacity building activities and other meetings involving government and development partners
• Frequent travel to the state and districts as per the project and organizational requirements.
• Perform other activities, as assigned by the supervisor to achieve organizational goals.
• Thorough understanding of community engagement processes and frameworks
• Demonstrated ability to develop community engagement models including community-based monitoring frameworks, tools for community engagement and high-quality training materials and feedback mechanisms etc.
• Demonstrated ability to work with diverse stakeholders include national and state government counterparts, donors, development partners, field NGOs and civil society stakeholders
• Familiarity with technology enabled community engagement efforts
• Excellent written and oral communication skills in English and Hindi
• Strong coordination skills
• Attention to detail
• Proficiency in computers – Microsoft Office
• Ability to work with a diverse technical team
• Ability to multi task and work under multicultural environment
• Ability to handle a variety of assignments under pressure of deadlines
• Ability and willingness to travel up to 30 % of his/her time
Qualifications/Knowledge and Experience:
• Bachelors in any stream (Social Sciences/ Social Work/ Medicine/ Dentistry, Ayurveda). Master’s in Public Health/ PG Diploma in Health management/ Masters in social sciences is essential
• At least 7-10 years of experience of working with government counterparts and development partners in a similar role
• Technical knowledge and field experience in community engagement efforts in public health programs
• Prior experience of working in primary healthcare settings is desirable
• Experience in innovative and effective community engagement approaches will be desirable
• Familiarity with the Indian health system, newer initiatives in health sector and relevant government policies/ strategies particularly NHM, Ayushman Bharat Health & Wellness Centers, School Health and Wellness Program etc.
• Experience in implementing/ managing/ working in large-scale public health programs
Jhpiego is an equal opportunity employer and offers highly dynamic and enabling work environment and provides competitive compensation based on experience and background. Interested candidates should submit their application at firstname.lastname@example.org with a covering note.
Due to high volume of applications, only shortlisted applicants will receive a response from Jhpiego HR.
Apply by: 21 Jan 2022