Jhpiego is hiring for the position of IT Officer to provide program management and coordination for various Digital Health / ICT programs. S/he will report to the State Program Manager at the Lucknow, Uttar Pradesh office.
• Works with the State Program Lead to define timelines and project plans
• Works with the guidance of the Digital Lead (ICO) to analyze and estimate feasibility, cost, time, and compatibility with hardware and other programs. Works to ensures that expected application performance levels are achieved.
• Assists State Program Lead to achieve project deliverables and timelines as per desired quality and specifications.
• Accepts ownership of understanding digital health infrastructure landscape within the state of Uttar Pradesh, and collaborates with the Information Technology team in the state to assist with the maintenance and troubleshooting of specified applications.
• Collaborates with and oversees external resources for the coding/configuration, testing, implementation and documentation of technology solutions
• Works with internal and external stakeholders to establish systems to monitor the operating efficiency of existing application systems and provide (or arranges for) proactive maintenance.
• Manages a range of project groups and quality improvement initiatives at the same time both in relation to ICT Projects and non-ICT specific projects, reporting on issues and risks, and facilitating progress to ensure project timelines are met
• Takes responsibility and is accountable for ensuring issues are resolved or escalated to the proper resources to resolve in a timely manner with minimum disruption to the operational areas
• Assists in troubleshooting in digital health solutions within the project scope
• Assists with development of interoperability and integration of data platforms where required.
• Demonstrate and maintain a broad knowledge of technology solutions, current trends and techniques and proactively pursue new technology developments.
• Maybe required to supervise other Information technology officers.
• Maybe required to assess and supervise utilization of technology platforms within healthcare delivery infrastructure in the state.
• Performs other duties as assigned by the supervisor.
• Experience of working in a fast-paced team environment to complete multiple projects simultaneously according to business and technical requirements
• Strong analytical, problem solving, multitasking, and time management skills with consistent attention to detail
• Excellent interpersonal skills; ability to maintain strong collaborative partnerships across functional lines
• Strong interest in creating solutions to problems
• Experience in and interest in learning new technologies
• Experience managing multiple projects and working independently
Qualifications/Knowledge and Experience:
• Bachelor's degree in CS, IT, or related.
• 3-5 years’ experience in a Technical/Project Lead role, leading requirements analysis, design, development and operation of distributed, fault-tolerant applications with particular attention to security, scalability, performance, availability and cost/revenue optimization.
• 5+ years' experience hands-on PHP, JQuery coding, mobile application development.
• Must have knowledge of database management.
• Demonstrated expertise and professionalism in working with business units, product management, development and operations staff to build applications / solutions that meet the requirements with respect to functionality, performance, scalability, and reliability, realistic implementation schedules and adherence to architectural goals and principles
• Demonstrated technical abilities in Open Source technologies especially with PHP, strong concepts of Database designs, and REST architecture
• Working knowledge of Amazon Web Services (AWS) or other cloud-hosted platforms
Jhpiego is an equal opportunity employer and offers highly dynamic and enabling work environment. Jhpiego provides competitive compensation based on experience and background. Interested candidates should submit their application with a covering note clearly stating the position and location to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Due to the high volume of applications, only shortlisted applicants will receive a response from Jhpiego HR.
Apply by: 21 Jan 2022