Reports to: Director- Programs
Duties and Responsibilities
1. Execution of current programs:
- Speedy project implementation of non-communicable disease, community health program on screening, management and health education
- Provide support to big teams involving community health workers on day-to-day operations management.
- Develop program work plans (project, annual) and MLE plans along with the MLE team for successful project execution
- Program execution & budget management to meet the program milestones & deliverables, activity & expenditure wise
2. Stakeholder Management:
- Government liaising & permissions from MCGM, EOH, ward health officers & health post / dispensaries, pest control officers etc, sharing updates, conducting follow-ups.
- Explore and execute networking opportunities for project deliverables with (1) Government (2) other NGOs.
- Closely work with identified corporators, Local religious leaders and private health care providers to ensure mutually agreed vision is delivered on ground.
- Organisation of community event/s in co-ordination with field staff, grass root level NGOs.
- Form working relationships with urban slum communities & guide program team for formation for formation of community health groups
3. Technical inputs:
- Capacity building of program team & Arogya Mitra (community health volunteers)
- Support Program Director in development of SOP’s, tech briefs for program & external audience
- Collate report and document monthly progress of the program be shared with Donor.
- Develop monthly, quarterly & annual reports, qualitative and quantitative
4. Office co-ordination:
- Co-ordination with Procurement & Logistic team and/vendors for timely procurement/delivery of consumables, collaterals etc. Procurement management (coordinate with finance)
- Co-ordination with warehouse team for dispatch of medicines/materials and consumables for distribution in schools/community. Logistics management (coordinate with warehouse & program team)
5. Other Implementation Responsibilities:
- Rise to the occasion of working in events of disaster and emergency response.
- Collate & submit program spends bills, attendance for program staff monthly to finance team
- Collate and make repository for all project documents, including case studies, photos, reports etc
- Any other responsibilities assigned.
Medical or AYUSH graduates with sufficient public health experience preferred. Graduates from other streams with demonstrated strong public health program experience shall be given equal weightage
At least 8-10 years of work experience in development sector program and 2-3 years of supervisory experience especially in direct community health program implementation and experience of working with public health departments
- Supervisory experience of managing teams of range of professionals – from grass root health workers to highly qualified professionals.
Desired profile of the candidate
- Passion to work with the underprivileged community
- Should be a good team player as well as good team leader
- Ability to multi-task and meet deadlines
- Strong organizational skills
- Experience of working with Govt authorities
- Open to travel
- Work experience in urban areas
- Publications in reputed journals – first or second author
- Understanding of various research methodologies and statistics
Skills and Competencies
- Confident to manage team with minimum support from Program Director for day-to-day operations.
- Ability to work in support of and collaboratively with a range of people at all levels, especially with slum communities.
- Computer and Internet competency is required, specifically MS- Excel and MS- word and MS- PPTXs, SPSS ( desired)
- Works effectively within a variety of situations, individuals and groups.
- Communicates clearly and professionally in written and oral forms
- Escalates the operations related challenges in timely manner
- Helps teams to remove roadblocks
- Fluency in spoken and written English, Marathi and Hindi are required.
Please send your resume to firstname.lastname@example.org within one month from the date of advertisement. Please mention your current and expected salary in your resume. It is necessary to mention the post title in subject line while applying. Selected candidates will be required to join within one month of selection. Only short-listed candidates will be notified.
Apply by: 20 Jan 2022