About Americares India Foundation
Americares is a health-focused relief and development organization that responds to people affected by poverty or disaster with life-changing health programs, medicine and medical supplies. Each year, Americares reaches more than 90 countries and all 50 U.S. states with over $600 million in innovative health programs and quality medical aid. Our programs help communities prepare for, respond to and recover from disasters; increase access to critical medicine and medical supplies; improve and expand clinical services, and; prevent disease and promote good health in vulnerable communities. Americares has offices in the United States, El Salvador, India, Liberia, Nepal, the Philippines, Sierra Leone and Tanzania. Since it was established in 1979, Americares has provided more than $12 billion in aid to 164 countries. Americares creates unparalleled leverage for donors: more than 97 percent of our expenses support local health programs - for every $10 donated we can provide $200 in aid. (www.americares.org )
Americares India Foundation is a public charitable trust, registered in 2006. We are healthfocused relief and development organization that responds to people affected by poverty or disaster with life-changing health programs, medicine and medical supplies. When disaster, poverty, disease, or policy causes health crises, we deliver medicines, medical supplies and humanitarian aid to a trusted network of NGOs, hospitals and health care providers across India. We also create and support programs that increase capacity, improve quality, and provide more access to health care for underprivileged populations across India. (www.americaresindia.org )
1.b Position Description
TITLE: Director – Monitoring & Evaluation / Quality Improvement
REPORTS TO: MD & Country Director
Duties and Responsibilities Roles/ Responsibilities:
Americares is looking for a seasoned professional to provide quality improvement technical expertise to Americares India Foundation (AIF) team for both program activities and internal processes. The person is expected to support quality improvement and quality assurance in AIF run services and be an integral part of our work that provides technical support to services and programs run by government facilities. The position would facilitate and train AIF staff to carry out QI activities addressing AIF services through training and facilitation.
Core responsibilities of the role includes:
Core Quality Assurance Responsibilities
- Design, implementation, and evaluation of quality improvement activities
- Setting aims, and indicators to measure progress against the aims
- Setting up and facilitating quality improvement teams, ensuring good group process and evolution
- Technical assistance, coaching, facilitation, and training quality improvement teams in order to achieve desired results in activities and programs
- Testing of changes using Shewhart’s Plan-Do-Study-Act (PDSA) Cycles
- Plotting annotated flowcharts with frequently collected data over time
- Managing quality improvement collaboratives with multiple teams sharing learning experiences
- Documenting the quality improvement processes, capturing the knowledge and learnings.
- Provide technical inputs for program reports pertaining to quality assurance initiatives
- Incumbent will facilitate and train AIF staff to implement QA & QI activities addressing AIF services and to facilitate partner sites in facilities where we are providing TA.
- Provide technical inputs on updates for medical equipment and instruments for our programs
- Develop Quality Manuals for Americares programs to standardize the processes, systems, and result framework
- Capacity building of the program leadership, M&E and program managers towards quality using adept training and facilitation skills.
- Review and improvise the program M&E framework development and implementation Share in knowledge dissemination, reporting, and communications
Desired Qualifications, Competency & Experience
The core competency required is in improving health care demonstrated by skills in methods and results achieved. Demonstrated experience in improving healthcare at District/ State or National level in India while working with leading development sector organizations
Degree in medicine, public health, social sciences, or any relevant field. A postgraduate degree with strong public health experience/ background will be essential.
At least 15 years of work experience in health sector with minimum five years of supervisory experience leading a team of qualified professionals
Working experience of providing quality assurance related technical framework and inputs across program and organization
Please send your resume to email@example.com within one month from the date of advertisement. Please mention your current and expected salary in your resume. It is necessary to mention the post title in subjects