(Position Reports to State Head)
The Senior Program Manager (SPM) will manage CEGIS’s engagement with multiple government departments (e.g., Finance, Women Development & Child Welfare, Rural Development, Health, Agriculture, Municipal Administration / Urban Development) in Tamil Nadu (ideally manage two projects at any given point of time). The SPM would lead teams embedded in the assigned departments to implement CEGIS’s theory of change. These teams will be responsible for designing solutions for improved governance using research, stakeholder consultations, and analytical techniques. The SPM would oversee the design and implementation of these solutions and must work closely with the respective government stakeholders during each phase of a project.
Role and Responsibilities
The key responsibilities of the Senior Program Manager include:
- Identifying and structuring problems, synthesizing hypotheses and, developing and applying appropriate analytical frameworks and approaches?
- Actively partnering with Government (Department heads and second line), and other stakeholders, to define project workstreams
- Creating systems for partnerships between government and other stakeholders and identify an external advisory group of individuals and organizations
- Working closely with senior academics, CEGIS technical functions and government stakeholders to tailor data-driven solutions to local context, and translate technical rigour to on-ground implementation
- Providing management oversight on day-to-day activities in each project to ensure timely delivery of high-quality outputs
- Ensuring application of organization-wide protocols designed for data protection, data management and project management on the assigned projects
- Managing teams of individuals from diverse backgrounds and supporting reportees to plan and prioritize activities on assigned workstreams, including timelines, content, and deliverables
- Proactively identifying risks and issues affecting tasks or workstream delivery, and promptly communicating upward with proposed solutions
- Drafting high-quality written documents and presentations
- Identifying, obtaining, and collating relevant information and data, and performing quality control to ensure validity and accuracy of data
- Overseeing field and desk research using qualitative and quantitative analysis, and relevant tools as necessary