Head Measurement & Evaluation | Sampark Foundation
A brief note on what is expected from this position
Head Monitoring and Evaluation will lead the designing and implementation of monitoring, evaluation and reporting frameworks which will be embedded in programmes. Working closely with the programme teams and formulating best practices and creating standard operating procedures, strategies, and tools and templates for programme tracking and assessment. This position will be accountable for assuring quality and coherence of processes and outcomes of programmes. Our website: www.samparkfoundation.org
About the position
This role will be responsible for Heading the Measurement & Evaluation for Sampark Foundation, including:
· Develop a results-oriented monitoring, evaluation and learning framework clearly linking it to theories of change, organisational goals and objectives, and draw up a detailed plan for its implementation.
· Work with the programme teams and knowledge partners, as appropriate, to define organisational and programme metrics.
· Lead and facilitate processes and discussions for developing theories of change for new programmes and ensure integration of the M& E framework at the design stage of each programme.
· Develop systematic approaches to ensure learnings and insights are fed back into the continuous improvement of programmes and reflected in the design of new programmes.
· Work closely with programme teams in the development of appropriate M&E strategies and implementation of M&E activities, including data collection, management, analysis and reporting of findings and insights, and put mechanisms in place for robust quality assurance.
· Coordinate with President as and where required, directly liaise with government stakeholders to access and effectively use government data/ MIS to monitor, and quality assure our interventions.
· Use data insights (both qualitative and quantitative) to draw up impact narratives and support in the development of strategic communications for wider sharing, and to contribute to organisational learning.
· Conduct periodic monitoring field visits to ensure data collection and analysis processes are being conducted in a timely and accurate manner.
· Conduct specific studies to monitor progress and measure the impact of programmes.
· Lead procurement of specialised services for research, external evaluations, impact studies, baseline etc. as required, following organizations procurement protocols and processes.
· Provide timely and relevant data and reports to stakeholders as required.
· Conduct periodic reviews of key MEL approaches, processes and tools and identify opportunities for improvement.
· Build the capacity of team and partners as required on data analysis, technical and conceptual areas.
· Promote and embody culture of openness, innovation, involvement, teamwork and performance.
· Maintain the highest standards of personal and professional integrity to meet the organizations’ objective.
About Sampark Foundation: Impact & Scale
The unsolved Problem
In India, Government led Primary School Education System is suffering with a myriad of issues and the poor learning outcomes for our 144 million children who attend these 740K schools is alarmingly. Third party research and our own base line assessments show that most children even in grade 5 can’t add/subtract or construct simple sentence in their local language.
Despite doubling of investment in education by the government over the last decade, the learning outcomes continues to show an alarming negative trend thus an urgent need for a new innovative approach to transform outcomes at scale.
Sampark Foundation was founded by Anupama Nayar and Vineet Nayar (Former Vice Chairman and CEO of HCL Technologies and Author of Employees First Customer Second) with a belief that “frugal innovation” along with relentless execution in partnership with the government can drive large scale change in learning outcomes. This thought led our founders to give up whatever they were doing in 2013 and dedicate their lives to lead this change.
Design thinking with focus on innovation in class room transaction gave birth to Sampark Smart ShalaTM which is a learning outcome focused initiative that uses a sound box with a voice mascot called “Sampark Didi” along with music and songs to teach English using LSRW and whole language approach, Innovatively designed TLMs to teach Math from concrete to abstract , BOT enabled mobile App for teachers that works without internet and multimedia fun workbooks with QR codes for children at less than $1 per child per annum.