One of HSTP’s strategic focus is Health Systems Governance with an objective to create an ecosystem that allows all Indian health systems stakeholders to act in ways that best optimize their inter-disciplinary relationships to achieve population health and wellness. We are seeking an early-career professional who would support HSTP’s work on Health Systems Governance specific to India, integrating learnings from global literature and experience. The incumbent is expected to work with the HSTP Technical Lead and the team to:
- Assist in the development of background papers, reports, and policy briefs.
- Liaison, organise, support and provide technical assistance in developing training material / toolkits/ templates for strengthening the governance and regulatory capacities at various levels.
- Assist in organising workshops and consultations on health regulation and related issues.
- Assist in developing communication material to increase people’s awareness of patients’ rights and laws.
- Assist in compilation of evidence on health regulations, which could include information on court judgements and orders, and state government orders on different aspects of health care delivery.
- Assist in documenting global and Indian best practices in Health Systems Governance and Regulation and assist development of case studies.
- Publish journal articles and prepare project or research reports.
- Engage with all relevant HSTP partners and health systems stakeholders to design and execute HSTP program priorities.
- Perform any other duties / assignments, which may be assigned by HSTP.
- Education: Master’s degree in Public Health, Health Administration, PSM, Law or related Social Science subject.
- A minimum of 3 years work experience in Health Systems, Public Health related work.
- Professionals with experience in public health care systems and delivery, protection of patient's rights, public health regulations and issues related to health systems governance.
- Publications in peer reviewed journals/ reports of national-state importance related to health policy/ evidence generation/ documentation of innovations in a relevant area of interest
- Keen on making a career in this thematic area.
- Good understanding of public health issues, health systems, health care delivery issues in general and specifically related to health sector governance and accountability and transparency.
- Attention to detail and ability to multi-task and assign priority levels while under pressure.
- Excellent analytical thinking and communication skills, including writing and public speaking
- Proficiency in use of MS Word, Excel, PowerPoint and relevant web-based literature search engines
- Experience of working in multi-disciplinary environment.
- Ability to engage and network harmoniously with Central / State / District level officials with government and non-government partners to develop and effectively manage strategic partnerships.
- Results-driven and self-motivated with ability to independently work and inspire the pursuit of excellence.
Languages: Excellent knowledge of written and spoken English, knowledge of Hindi an added advantage.
Location: New Delhi with travel to meet stakeholders and state level partners
Period of contract: 5 months initially, July till November 2022. May be renewed upon satisfactory performance and subject to availability of funds.
Emoluments: Offers are commensurate with qualification and experience and are designed to attract and retain exceptional talent, with a maximum limit of INR 1 lakh per month (CTC).
HSTP Career Progression
- HSTP provides opportunities for career development for its professionals through in-house mentorship, partnerships with international mentors and presence at relevant Indian and international conferences/ workshops /meetings.
- HSTP encourages and financially supports its professionals to complete short-term learning courses and certificate programs relevant to their field of work.
Send in your application by email to: email@example.com by 15 June 2022. Interested candidates should send their latest CV and a 2 page note on ‘What are the governance, regulations, accountability and transparency issues that are impinging India’s health sector and how to address them?’
Applications without the 2-page note will not be accepted.