This position is responsible for conducting 24*7 outreach on a rotation basis to reach out to the children who are in need of care and protection at and around Railway station. He/she is expected to establish a very good working relationship with Railways officials such as Station Manager, TTEs, GRP, RPF, SJPU, Vendor, Coolies, Rickshaw pullers etc.
- Conduct active outreach 24*7 at the Railway Station and protect children who are missing, separated, un-accompanied by adults or runaway and in need of care and protection.
- Identify and respond to the immediate needs of children such as food, medicine or shelter.
- Help children to feel comfortable and safe, motivate them to come to the Child Help Desk.
- Support social worker to register the child’s information at GRP/ RPF station as per the statutory compliances and receive the acknowledgement.
- Extend required support to the team members in producing the child before Child Welfare Committee.
- Support Social worker to record the first-hand information of the child in RCI defined template at Child Help Desk.
- Networking with stakeholders on railway platforms viz. Station Manager, GRP, RPF, vendors, porters, etc. and organize stakeholder meetings and events.
- Organise an awareness programme for the stakeholders and children on various issues at and around railway station.
- Escorting the children for restoration process upon the need.