Roles & Responsibility:
a.) Planning & Budgeting
- Assist the State Program Director to prepare budgets/plans for the region
- Support in preparation of budget in case of new proposal
- Uploading budget in SUN system as and when required
- Ensure compliance to donor conditions with respect to budget formulation / revisions
b.) State Accounts Management
- Review and closure of regional books of accounts as part of month end process.
- Regularly reviewing of transactions uploaded by District Accountants and approve in SUN System.
- Check and confirm if all codes provided on the voucher related to grant information are correct
- Verifying of the documentation on voucher before final payment.
- Review of partner, Debtor and Creditor balances on a regular basis.
- Review of monthly finance checklist and confirmation to HO.
- Ensuring appropriate tax is deducted on all the payments
- Ensuring TDS, PT challan and returns are filed before the due dates.
- Ensuring monthly bank reconciliation in place.
- Anchoring empanelment of vendor/consultant in procurement process.
- Facilitate partner disbursements, if applicable and verify fund requests received from partner and make recommendations for disbursements;
- Forecast monthly funds flow requirement of the state and file timely funds transfer request with the Head Office
c.) Donor Reporting
- Prepare and submit on monthly/quarterly basis donor financial reports as per donor formats for review at HO;
- Ensure that all donor reports are reconciled at all times with books of account;
- Check and confirm that all the donor guidelines and reporting requirements have been complied with while compiling these reports;
- Provide assistance in ensuring that financial report is in sync with the narrative report
- Orient finance and non-finance team members on FCRA, Income TAX, MSME and CSR provisions;
- Set up and maintain an efficient documents filing system;
- Prepare key compliance checklists as per donor contracts for high-risk/value grants;
- Assist at HO in proper closure of grant audits.
- Actively participate in partner pre-funding assessments, if applicable;
- Ensure compliance to financial policies of Jal Seva Charitable Foundation (JSCF)
- Assist the finance team during audits – Statutory / Internal / IFC / Grant audits;
- Any other duties as may be assigned by State Program Director /HO;
Eligibilities and Qualifications:
- Education B.Com/M.Com/MBA (Finance) from reputed university/institute
- Incumbent should have a minimum of 5-10 years of experience in the development sector organization and of this about 2 + years’ experience in a similar position/role.
Skills, Aptitude and Attitude:
- Fluency in speaking, writing, reading English and Hindi.
- Incumbent should be well versed with provisions of FCRA,GST and Income Tax;
- Well versed with advance functions excel and ERP accounting software. SUN system knowledge is an added advantage
WAI, is an Equal Opportunity Employer. We are committed to the principle of equal employment opportunity for all employees and to providing employees with a work environment free of discrimination and harassment.
Women and the differently abled are encouraged to apply.