Established in 1982, PRIA (Participatory Research in Asia) is a global centre for participatory research and training based in New Delhi. PRIA’s work is focused on the empowerment of the excluded through capacity building, knowledge building and policy advocacy. Over three decades PRIA has promoted ‘participation as empowerment’, capacity building of community organizations, and people’s participation in governance. Initiatives are undertaken in the overall perspective of ‘making democracy work for all’ – in the political system; democratic culture in families, communities, and society; and participatory democracy with active citizenship. For more information about PRIA, please visit www.pria.org.
PRIA is looking for a senior program officer with experience in designing, managing, facilitating and delivering training and capacity building programs for civil society and non-profit organizations on institutional strengthening. Expertise in coaching, mentoring, and hands-on support to CSOs/NPOs is preferred. S/he will be responsible for managing and delivering structured training and capacity building programs, developing learning materials, training and operational manuals in English and Hindi (preferably), and providing coaching and mentoring to CSOs and NPOs for their institutional strengthening.
Desired Candidate Profile
Post Graduation - MA
· Master’s Degree in social sciences/ management studies
· Minimum 4-5 years of relevant experience, preferably in CSOs and NPOs
· Excellent skills in designing, facilitating and managing capacity building programmes
· Strong verbal and writing skills in English and Hindi
· Excellent interpersonal, networking and communication skills
· Willingness to travel extensively
· Must be a team player with good interpersonal skills