The Data Analyst will work closely with the Team Lead, M&E specialist, and project team at FIND, as well as the State officials and other stakeholders of identified districts to support implementation of project. The Data Analyst will be expected to use analytical and quantitative methods to understand, predict and enhance process to health diagnostic services and communicate their outputs using data visualization and detailed reports. The specific activities & responsibilities will include but not be limited to:
- Independently work on one or more analytical tools like Excel, and others (like access, and other statistical tools – SPSS etc.) for analysing data sets and presenting findings related to national health programs.
- Support data analysis using Biostatistical methods.
- Work with project team and Bihar state’s disease programs and partners to define and identify relevant data sources to support the objectives of the project.
- Provide training and coaching support to officials of state health systems and partners, around data collection, data cleaning, and data validation.
- Collect, compile and interpretate state/ district level data relevant to the objectives of the project (including disease surveillance data)
- Assess available data, identify data gaps and limitations, proactively suggest, and implement approaches to clean and integrate. Suggest assumptions to fill identified data gaps along with justification for them.
- Identify, analyse, and interpret trends and patterns from the district data and share reports with relevant project stakeholders.
- Provide data analysis support for the writing of publications and scientific presentations.
- Regularly update supervisor another team members on the progress and difficulties experience.
- Any other task assigned time to time.
Qualification and Experience required:
- Bachler’s degree (Master’s preferred) in biostatics with a strong data element, computer science, information management, data science and analytics or related data -intensive field.
- Minimum 3 years relevant experience of working with large data sets in data management and/or data analytics role including independently handling data collection, cleaning, validation, and analysis.
- Advanced problem-solving, analytical, and qualitative skills, including significant experience working with Excel.
- Ability to select the right tool for analyses e.g., quick analyses using MS Excel or more detailed analyses using statistical software such as SPSS, Stata.
- Willingness to expand knowledge base and take on new topics.
- Work well in teams of multi – cultural backgrounds.
- Superior problem – solving skills and detail oriented.
- Experience with databases like MS SQL server and automation using Python/VBA will be preferred.
- Good coordination skills.
- Strong interpersonal, oral, and written communication skills. Team oriented.
- Willing to travel approximately 25% of the time.
- Candidates with knowledge of R or Python and/or ability to present insights in easily understood data visualizations using software such as Tableau will be preferred.
Nature of Appointment:
The selected candidate shall be on a third-party agreement duly issued by consultancy firm. The initial offer will be until 31 March 2024.
The selected candidate will be on third party payroll. The gross remuneration budgeted for the position shall be commensurate with the qualifications, experience and performance during interview process.
Deadline to send your application:
Please mail a motivation letter, a detailed resume and three references to HR-IN@finddx.org and by 30 June 2022.
But don’t wait until the deadline! We will start screening right away and if we find the right person, we will stop searching.
Please note that only shortlisted candidates will be contacted .