The Senior Microbiologist (Team Lead – MB) will work closely with the senior management, Team Lead, Project Manager, and project team at FIND, as well as the State officials and other stakeholders. The specific activities & responsibilities will include but not be limited to:
- Supporting the project manager in implementation of all laboratories technical assistance activities including creation/ review of documents for situational analysis of existing testing capacities.
- Supporting the project manager in preparation of an easy-to-use laboratory setup tool kit. The kit would include lab set-up checklist, standard operating procedures (SOP’s), QMS (quality management systems) and training content. The training content for the laboratories would include testing, data management, lab quality assurance, lab biosafety, biomedical waste management and other areas as defined under the project.
- Supporting the project manager/team lead in preparation of specific training content related to specimen collection testing, handling, transportation, and biosafety.
- Providing technical support across LSS project district/testing sites as and when required including site visit/handholding/technical support for testing methodologies, QA, biosafety, biomedical waste management.
- Coordination with identified labs/hubs an identified participants and /or master trainer for online course, webinars, and onsite/assisted trainings.
- Ensuring that the project activities are conducted as per the work plan.
- Contribute actively towards improvising existing training materials and developing new AV material on lab related trainings including on equipment handling and maintenance.
- Contribute as a district/ state level facilitator for various lab related trainings as required
- Support or provide assistance to team in laboratories assessment visits.
- Identify gaps or challenges in technical functioning or operation of the lab activities and to liaison with concern district/ sites health officials’ on resolving.
- Provide timely feedback to FIND/ donors/ district official/ stakeholders on performance of laboratories under identified guidelines.
- Compilation and analysis of data related to various project activities and support the preparation of the periodic reports.
- Support external experts in publication achievements of the project.
- Any other task assigned time to time.
Qualification and Experience required:
- MD/PhD in Microbiology with minimum 07 years of experience in laboratory especially in microbiology.
- Experience of conducting lab assessments, developing training contents and conducting training.
- Experience of working in health programs at national and state-level (including IDSP, NTEP, NACP and others)
- Strong scientific background in microbiology, epidemiology etc.
- Well familiar with microbiology lab techniques, equipment, and data analysis etc.
- Good coordination skills.
- Strong interpersonal, oral, and written communication skills.
- Strong team orientation.
- Ability to work independently, with minimum handholding and supervision.
- Energetic, resilient, and passionate.
- Good computer knowledge (MS Office – Excel and Word).
- Willingness to travel if required and at short notice.
Nature of Appointment:
The selected candidate shall be on a third-party agreement duly issued by consultancy firm. The initial offer will be until 31 March 2024.
The selected candidate will be on third party payroll. The gross remuneration budgeted for the position shall be commensurate with the qualifications, experience and performance during interview process.
Deadline to send your application:
Please mail a motivation letter, a detailed resume and three references to HR-IN@finddx.org and by30 June 2022.
But don’t wait until the deadline! We will start screening right away and if we find the right person, we will stop searching.
Please note that only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.