The Project Lead will work closely with the senior management and project team at FIND, as well as the State officials and other stakeholders to lead implementation of all activities under the project. The specific activities & responsibilities will include but not be limited to:
Program Management and Administrative Responsibilities:
- Develop field level strategies and processes in alignment with overall project objectives with an initiative geared towards operational excellence.
- Lead coordination with all health centers of allocated districts of Bihar and other stakeholders for all activities as mentioned under the grant.
- Prepare the project work plan, budget forecast, management of budget allocation and monitoring expenditure as per the project activities and guidelines.
- Manage, supervise and support the project team and follow-on progress of the project and provide regular updates to key stakeholders including the donor agency.
- Manage project deliverables within stipulated deadlines and monitor engagement activities with State Health Society of Bihar.
- Submit reports and participate in national/state level reviews periodically as per project requirement.
- Ensure submission of periodical reports (programmatic and financial) as per organization requirements and donor specifications.
- Ensure confidentiality and security of the program data and information, as relevant
- Support the procurement if any under the project as per FIND policies.
- Any other tasks assigned time to time.
- Liaison with Ministry of Health, Government of Bihar (including the State Health Society of Bihar) planning and implementation of project/LSS related activities
- Plan, implement and support various site assessments under the project and development of reports and action plans. The project will support lab system strengthening (LSS) at health facilities requiring effort towards planning and execution of this task.
- Provide technical guidance and expertise to develop the IPHL and QMS (quality management system) training curriculum, capacity building program and implementation of IPHL guidelines at all health centers.
- Support implementation of training of trainers & cascade trainings for IPHS norms and IPHL guidelines in the identified areas/regions.
- Conceptualize the documentation, report writing and monitoring & evaluation framework for the project.
- Support achievement of project milestones.
Skills and experience required:
- MBBS/BDS with postgraduation in Microbiology/Pathology/Lab Medicine/Public Health/ Epidemiology/ Health Services Management from reputed Institutes.
- Experience: 05 years or more in public health in public health programs in India including field implementation and managing teams (preferably TB, HIV/AIDS, Integrated Disease Surveillance Programs, COVID-19, other public health programs)
- Comprehensive knowledge and experience in NEDL and IPHL, Government health care system and structures including familiarity with Ministry of Health policies, program priorities and regulations.
Preference will be given to:
- Candidates with experience of working with projects engaging public sector institutes/state health authorities.
- Candidate with experience of working under/managing projects funded by national/international donor agencies.
- State/ National level experience of working with Government/ health department.
- Experience in managing project budget.
- Proven ability to work in a public health setup with decision-makers.
- Ability to coordinate with internal & external stake holders and on-site teams.
- Demonstrated ability to coordinate between multiple districts/sites and ensure strict adherence to project targets and mandates.
- Should have good communications skills and be proficient in basic computer applications like Word, Excel, and Power Point.
- Have sound knowledge of data analysis, analytical software, and ability to make meaningful interpretation for effective supervision.
- Ability and willingness to travel extensively (25%), based on the needs of the job
- Good interpersonal skills, able to work as part of a team
Nature of Appointment:
The selected candidate shall be on a third-party agreement duly issued by consultancy firm. The initial offer will be until 31 March 2024.
The selected candidate will be on third party payroll. The gross remuneration budgeted for the position shall be commensurate with the qualifications, experience and performance during interview process.
Deadline to send your application:
Please mail a motivation letter, a detailed resume and three references to HR-IN@finddx.org and by 30 June 2022.
But don’t wait until the deadline! We will start screening right away and if we find the right person, we will stop searching.
Please note that only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.