The State Specialist (Adolescent Health), the Program Officer will be responsible for providing support to adolescent girls on SRH, STI and HIV/AIDS in tribal mandals of Kurnool district.
Roles and Responsibilities:
• Understand the project proposal and activities to design an implementation plan on the ground.
• Be an effective team player to ensure adolescent girls are reached effectively through proper planning and in coordination with the line departments.
• Effective planning, coordination and monitoring of the planned activities at district and mandal levels.
• Liaison with government officials at district and madal levels to ensure smooth implementation of the project
• Align activities of the government programs and other NGOs working with adolescent girls to avoid duplication.
• Effectively monitor the project activities and document the learning.
• Maintain project related MIS.
• Provide technical support to district level committees and other forums providing services to the adolescents.
• Conduct and facilitate meetings with various stakeholders in providing adolescent health services.
• Provide technical counselling to adolescent girls on health, hygiene and sanitation and other topics such as SRH, STI and HIV/AIDS.
• Take initiative in development of tools and IEC materials for adolescent girls.
• Assist in development of innovative training modules/translation into local language to reach out to at risk adolescent girls.
• Advocacy and coordination with government officials at district and sub-district levels.
• Documentation of program activities, lesions learnt and best practices for replication.
• Prepare and share monthly reports for the stakeholders.
• Process documentation of the district innovations
Qualifications, Experience and Skill-Set:
• Post-graduation in public health, social sciences, nutrition or MSW with minimum 2-5 years’ experience in adolescent girl’s health
• Experience or knowledge of adolescent health, HIV/AIDS and/or TB programs on prevention, care, support, and treatment services.
• Previous work experience in adolescent health (Girls) will be preferred
• Experience working with government departments, especially NHM, WCD, or SACS.
• Good communication, negotiation, advocacy, and analytical skills.
• Excellent oral and written communication skills in English and Telugu
• Sound computer skills, including use of internet and MS office
• Excellent presentation skills
• Ability to work independently and as a team player in a complex, multicultural environment
• Be self-motivated and take initiatives to improve the quality outcomes of the programme
• Ability to identify risks to guide the sub-district level programme implementation staff.
Ability to carry out tasks and responsibilities in an efficient and timely manner.
Project Duration: The project period is till Dec 2022 and will be extended based on funder's decision.
This position requires extensive travel within the district and sometimes to the other project sites within the state.
Remuneration: Salary will be commensurate with skills, qualifications, years of experience and current pay scale. Salary Range for Vizianagaram based position will be Rs. 25,000 – 30,000 per month, but the salary will be based on the last drawn salary as per the organization policy.
Please submit a comprehensive CV in English with a supporting covering letter, including the names of three referees (preferably one should be a current or previous employer), as well as salary expectations and current salary (CTC).
Please send the applications to firstname.lastname@example.org by 30th June 2022 mentioning the specific Job Code: SAATHII/SU-APTS/PO/AH/0622/300
in the email subject line.
Candidates are requested to fill and paste the below table in 1st page of the Resume.
Relevant Experience (Years)
Present CTC (all inclusive)
People living with HIV and/or TB, women and individuals belonging to other vulnerable groups are encouraged to apply. SAATHII provides a secular working environment and does not discriminate based on HIV status, religious or community affiliations, gender, or sexual orientation.
Both Resume and Covering letter should be sent as attachments. Please avoid writing cover letter in the email body. Please note that only shortlisted will be contacted.