Organization: THE AANGAN TRUST
Job Title: DIRECTOR COMMUNICATIONS AND PARTNERSHIPS
Reports to: CHIEF EXECUTIVE OFFICER
Established in 2000, Aangan’s work begins when laws, state policies, community or parents fail to protect a child from abuse, violence, conflict, neglect and exploitation. 40% of India’s children are vulnerable. Whether they are children living in the harsh jail-like conditions of state-run children’s institutions, or children engaging in dangerous work or risky activities or facing social exclusion in urban slums, we firmly believe that only a safe, supported child can cope effectively with difficult circumstances, access healthcare, education or meaningful livelihood - thus protection is at the core of all our programs.
Read more about The Angan Trust at: Home Page - Aangan (aanganindia.org)
Reason for the hire:
The Aangan Trust is looking to hire the Director of Communications and Partnerships to achieve the goals of the organization through promoting the vision, creating awareness and brand recognition. The Director – Communications and Partnerships will establish and guide the strategy for all internal and external communications with a goal to build momentum around the need and urgency for the adoption of a child safety lens in adjacent sectors.
Roles and Responsibilities:
- Communications and Advocacy vision and leadership
- Build and Sustain Collaborations and Partnerships
- New Donor Analysis, Landscape and Fundraising
- Innovation Catalyst
?Note: The roles and responsibilities outlined above are not meant to be an exhaustive list of tasks. The need for flexibility is required and the job holder is expected to carry out any other related duties that are within the employee's skills and abilities whenever reasonably instructed
- A Post Graduate degree in Management / Marketing/ Social Work
- The incumbent should come with around 12- 15 years of experience with a demonstrable track record in marketing/sales strategy, communications, brand awareness, business development, relationship management, fundraising/revenue generation.
- The incumbent should have demonstrated strategic thinking in the current or previous organization. He/she should be an effective communicator, relationship builder and a strong leader.
- The incumbent must bring in strong analytic, strategic planning, business development and technology skills.
- He/she should be well-versed with general management, marketing & communication tools
- The incumbent shall bring in experience of fundraising.
- Substantial experience in a leadership role, having built, inspired and managed cross-functional teams leading them to succeed.
Third Sector Partners is a pioneering cause-connected executive search firm and has been retained for this position. Interested candidates can send in their CVs along with three references and a cover note to firstname.lastname@example.org. The last date to send in your application is July 5th 2022 .
Please note only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.