Qualification and Skills:
o Postgraduate (PHD, MPH or others) Business management, procurement, social work or allied fields
o In-depth knowledge of insurance products, health insurance, procurement and marketing, and basic understanding of the prevention, care, support and treatment aspects of HIV both in terms of technical components and program implementation
o Proven abilities in all areas of large procurements, business negotiations, health insurance product designing for the select groups and communities, and financial management
o Excellent oratory, and written communication skills in English
o Proven ability to negotiate best cost in procurement and trouble shoot
o Experience in and acumen for use of data (statistical inference) for program improvement and strategy formulation
o Sound computer skills, including use of Internet and MS Office™ software
o Ability to work independently and as a team player in a complex, multicultural environment
o Willing to travel extensively across the country
o Minimum one year of commitment to the project and organization
Roles and Responsibilities:
• The Assistant Programme Specialist with the expertise in insurance services would be solely responsible for rolling out the health insurance coverage for a large number of non-health front line workers with the guidance and support from the Deputy Project Director and the MC mentor
• The Consultant will enlist the number of non-health front line workers in the intervention geography
• Develop an SOP and MIS for the rollout and capturing of the data and using the data
• Enlist the services of the consultant firm to carry out the procurement process of the health insurance provider and complete the procurement process
• Enroll the enlisted frontline health workers into insurance coverage and establish a mechanism for supporting health workers claiming insurance
• S/he would also be responsible for accurately capturing the data with the support of the M&E officer and manager in the MIS and share reports to GFATM, NACO and other stakeholders.
Remuneration: Salary will be commensurate with skills, qualifications, years ‘of experience and current pay scale.
Please submit a comprehensive CV in English with a supporting cover letter. Please fill-up the mandatory details in the following tabular format in the cover letter:
Age (as on 1st June 2022)
Highest education qualification
Total work experience in the relevant field
Years of work experience in GFATM funded project (if applicable)
Current monthly salary (CTC)
Expected monthly salary (CTC)
Name of Three Referees (including a current or most recent employer)
Applications should be sent by e-mail to the following addresses, and clearly specify the Position Title and Job Code.
SAATHII has zero-tolerance towards harassment (whether sexual or non-sexual) or any form of abuse, including – but not limited to – harassment and violence targeted at children and women, PLHIV, gender non-conforming persons and member of the LGBTIQA+ communities.
SAATHII seeks qualified and experienced applicants who can work in a multi-cultural environment with diverse teams comprised of people of diverse religious and language backgrounds, sexual orientations and gender identities. SAATHII is a secular institution working to create an environment of zero tolerance for prejudice based on religion, caste/community, gender, sexuality, and gender expression.
The salary will commensurate with the candidates skills and experience and aligned with the existing market values.
Qualified applicants who are HIV-affected, women, and/or belonging to sexual/gender minority populations are encouraged to apply.
Email to send applications : firstname.lastname@example.org
Job Code must be mentioned in email subject : SAATHII/C19RM/APS-Insurance (Consultant )/0622/305
Closing date : July 8, 2022
Please send both CV and Cover letter as attachment. Avoid writing cover letter in email body. Position Title and Job Code must be mentioned in email subject