The job responsibilities include, but are not limited to the following:
- Processing and accounting for all payments including partner tranches, vendor invoices, staff claims and salaries in a timely manner following organization policies and procedures.
- Ensuring deposition of all donor grants and other receipts in AIFT bank accounts and issue timely receipts/certificates for the same.
- Responsible for maintaining up-to-date books and accounting records in ERP package as well as other software packages and on Excel files.
- Communicating with banks, vendors, partners and third parties in connection with normal business transactions.
- Prepare bank reconciliations on monthly basis.
- Compile and analyze financial information to prepare financial statements.
- Ensure management of filing systems and maintaining office records and registers.
- Deduction and deposition of all statutory dues such as EPF, TDS as per applicable laws and ensuring timely deposition of the same.
- Preparation and filing of TDS returns as well as preparation and issue of TDS certificates for Staff/ Vendors.
- Maintain custody of office cash and ensure that fund requirements at different locations of specific programs are met.
- Any other tasks assigned by line manager.
Qualifications and Experience:
- Graduate / Post Graduate degree in Commerce with at least 3-5 years of non-profit accounting experience.
- Proficiency in use of Tally accounting software as well as M.S Office is a must.
- Good working knowledge of excels spreadsheets.
- Knowledge about regulatory requirements in India and prior experience in ensuring tax as well as Provident fund compliances and filing of TDS as well as EPF returns.
- Experience with non-profits would be a plus.
Skills and Competencies:
- Consistently approaches work with positive energy and a constructive attitude.
- Possesses a variety of skill sets including time-management, multi-tasking, and inter-personal skills.
- A team player who is supportive, flexible and ready to take on additional tasks.
- Ability to cope with work pressure.
- Sound numerical skills
- Good communication skills – both written and verbal
- Ability to work independently with large volumes of data with initiative and with problem solving ability
- Responds positively to feedback and respects diverse point of views
Reporting: The position will report to Senior Finance Manager.
Other: Salary commensurate with experience.
Position Availability: Immediately
Application Process: To apply for this position, send your CV and covering letter describing how you meet the specifications for this role and what you bring to it to firstname.lastname@example.org with subject line “Accountant”.
Deadline for applications: 12th July,2022
Only applications of short-listed candidates will be acknowledged.