The Subject Matter Expert (STEM) will be responsible for managing the development of the content for the project and liaising with AIF’s knowledge partners for ensuring quality checks and validation of the content being delivered under the activities of the project.
The development of the curriculum includes STEM enrichment content, 21st-century skills, and career skills-related modules for school students. The role may also require the Subject Matter Expert to deliver the content through workshops for students and teachers, wherever necessary. The person may also be required to travel for training and orientation to different locations within the country where the project is being implemented.
AIF is looking for self-driven and hard-working individuals, who are passionate about the cause of improving the gender divide in STEM education. Some of the key responsibilities are:
- Support the Project Lead in the implementation of the project activities to ensure that appropriate project deliverables are met.
- Support the project team in conducting science camps in schools.
- Prepare the content and all resource materials as per the framework.
- Coordination with knowledge partners for conducting training sessions and workshops for students and teachers of Jawahar Navodaya Vidyalayas.
- Coordination with State teams for conducting training workshops for students and teachers.
- Conducting research and documentation of STEM resources and best practices in STEM education that can be leveraged by the Project team.
The key requisites for this position include, but are not limited to:
- Designing and preparation of facilitator training manuals, questionnaires, worksheets, assessments, and storyboarding.
- Designing and preparation of content framework and schedules.
- Knowledge and understanding of MOOCs and online modules.
- Knowledge and understanding of learning management systems and assessment platforms such as Skolera, Quizizz and Kahoot.
- Coordinating with various agencies for validation and quality checks on the content.
- Ability to conduct online and offline training as and when required.
- Ability to work independently and as part of a team.
Qualifications and Experience:
Bachelor/Master’s Degree with 6-7 years of work experience in the education sector, preferably in content development and curriculum framework (in STEM or related areas).
Skills and Competencies:
- 2-4 years of experience preferably in a Content-Pedagogy /similar role.
- A passion for social justice with an understanding and commitment to the cause of the empowerment of women and girls from poor and marginalized communities in India.
- Knowledge of the Indian Education and Ed-tech sector and relevant stakeholders within it.
- Analytical bent of mind and out-of-box thinking.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills; proficiency in MS Office.
- Experience in analysis, research, and content creation.
- Openness to short-term travel to different locations.
Reporting: The position will report to the Project Lead, Vigyan Jyoti.
Other: Salary will be commensurate with experience. Initially, the contract shall be issued till 31st March 2023, which shall be renewed further based on the performance.
Position Availability: Immediate availability.
Process: To apply for this position, send your CV and Cover Letter describing your suitability for the role to email@example.com with the subject line “Subject Matter Expert (STEM)-Vigyan Jyoti”.
Deadline for applications: Applications will be considered on a rolling basis till the 15th of July 2022.
Note: Only applications of short-listed candidates will be acknowledged.