Block Coordinator will be responsible for overall implementation of the activities at the district level through establishing a sound Coordination among various departments and stakeholders.
Planning and Organizing:
Sets clearly defined objectives; plans activities and projects well in advance and takes account of possible changing circumstances; identifies and organizes resources needed to accomplish tasks; manages time effectively; monitors performance against deadlines and milestones.
Delivering Results and Meeting Individual’s Expectations
Focuses on individual’s needs and satisfaction; sets high standards for quality and quantity; monitors and maintains quality and productivity; works in a systematic, methodical and orderly way; consistently achieves project goals.
Following Instructions and Procedures
Not unnecessarily challenging authority; follows procedures and policies; keeps to schedules; arrives punctually for work and meetings; demonstrates commitment to PLAN; complies with legal obligations and safety requirements of the role.
Relating and Networking
Establishes good relationships with individuals both internally and externally; relates well to people at all levels; builds wide and effective networks of contacts; uses humor appropriately to bring warmth to relationships with others.
Major Job Responsibilities:
• Overall responsible for quality implementation of programme in district.
• Lead the team members and provide supportive supervision.
• Provide hands on support for quality implementation of program at district level.
• Develop Monthly, Quarterly and Annual work plan and ensure the implementation as per the plan
• Manage and supervise the project team for smooth implementation of programme
• Participate in State and district level meetings & workshops and share the programme updates with the Govt. Counterparts
• Identify obstructions through regular field visits using checklists and finding solutions
• Planning and conduction of TOT at district level
• Ensuring implementation of field activities at district level.
• Monitoring and Supportive supervision to school teachers and field staff for school sessions/ digital sessions
• Liaisoning with media person for visibility of project at district, block and community level.
• Conduction of extracurricular activities with school children to make the learning enjoyable.
• Planning and conduction of Special Days Celebration as per the state and community culture.
• Facilitate the process of Community-based activity through active involvement of government officials, NGOs youth clubs, schools, colleges, etc.
• Organize the monthly meeting with project staff and build their capacity
• Capacity building of project staff through regular sessions in meeting and through demonstration for delivery of quality services.
• Reporting for monthly, quarterly and annual reports and submission in timely manner
• Support in providing best practices, case studies related to program on Monthly/Quarterly basis
• Advocacy and liaison with government departments in promoting the project activities and involve them for program greater participation.
Collaborates with: State Manager, Project Manager, Programs Manager, Finance Officer and HR Manager
Some time travel is required to project areas.
Skill and Competency required:
The project requires good planning and organizational ability.
• Must be proficient in reading and writing English and preferably local languages and have
demonstrated ability to produce professional reports/documents.
• Must have Coordination skills.
• Must have good writing and reporting skills.
• Must have planning and organizing skills.
• Should have experience working with the government officials.
• Should be able to work with the children supporting them with counselling expertise.
• Should be a team player and worked in a competitive and professional environment.
• Sensitive to gender issues, stigma and barriers to social inclusion.
• Willing and able to travel extensively throughout the project areas.
COMPENSATION AND EMPLOYMENT
Plan India is an equal opportunity employer and qualified women candidates are encouraged to apply. Our policies and procedures reflect our commitment to child rights and child protection.
HOW TO APPLY? : Please send us your updated resume along with suitability note in one file (Word Format only) for the position of “Block Coordinator” at email@example.com. Please mention ‘Block Coordinator” and “preferred location” in the subject line.
Last date for sending applications is 11- July- 22. Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted. For more information, please visit our website www.planindia.org