The role-holder shall be responsible for
• maintaining cash accounts, cash flow, and cash payment, including disbursement of approved cash
• Preparation of cheques, payment vouchers and ensuring that all expenditure payments have proper approval and documentation and that all invoices and payments are paid on time e.g. invoices utility bills, rents, phones, etc.
• preparation of Program Unit’s monthly program and administration expense reports
• Keep up-to-date petty cash ledger in the accounting system.
• He/She shall be responsible for updating and maintaining individual’s cash advance accounts in the system.
• Holding a staff accountant for reconciliation of cash advanced to them promptly
• He/she shall support the Senior Program Manager & Program Unit Lead maintaining a cash forecasting system to ensure that adequate funds are available to meet the working requirements of the program unit.
• He/she shall be responsible for ensuring that the files for petty cash, bank transfers, bank reconciliations, and cheques are up to date.
• He/she shall support the accounts person at the national office in the preparations of monthly financial statements of the unit
• He/she shall support with updating the Program Unit’s fixed asset register through asset tagging and ensuring all new inventories are tagged and captured in the system and also ensure that existing assets are in good working condition.
• He/she shall support Inventory reconciliation by ensuring the capture of all project purchases, issues and balances.
• Maintenance of the assets register by ensuring they are up to date and details required are on the inventory datasheets, items are tagged and ensure that new procurements are tagged and captured in the system.
• Make recommendations on internal controls, accounting systems, and general operations of the accounts department to increase efficiency.
• He/she shall support with payroll preparation and statutory deduction payment to the relevant authorities.
• He/she shall support with all banking duties as required/requested by the Sr. Program Manager / Program Unit Manager
• He/she shall be responsible for proper filing of all financial documents as per Plan India’s systems and procedures
• Adhere to the timeline as mentioned and discussed from time to time.
• Plan for field visit during the field activities to support the program team maintain the files of Approved Budget files, PO-Description Files, UC, FR files, Salary Register/attendance register, Vouchers Files, Cheque Usage register & Audit Observation Files
QUALIFICATIONS AND EXPERIENCE
• Minimum of Bachelor Degree or Diploma in Finance and Accounting, Commerce, or Business Administration and Management from recognized Institution.
• Minimum experience in the development sector 5+ years.
• Preference to candidates having the experience of managing accounting responsibilities of Sponsorship program.
• Have the ability to guide others as per organizations’ policies and procedures related to financial management
• Experience in working with accounting software – tally, SAP, etc.
• Must be honest and trustworthy in all financial transactions
• Computer skills especially in MS Office, Excel
• Good communication skills in English & Hindi
• Ability to manage task within the stipulated timelines
• Strong interpersonal skills and ability to communicate clearly
• Ability to work under pressure with minimum supervision.
As per the requirement of the project
COMPENSATION AND EMPLOYMENT
Plan is an equal opportunity employer and qualified women candidates are encouraged to apply. Our policies and procedures reflect our commitment to child rights and child protection.
How to apply:
Please send us your updated resume along with suitability note (single Word document only) for the position of “Accounts Officer –Bikaner/Udaipur” at email@example.com. Please mention “Accounts Officer – Bikaner/Udaipur in the subject line. (Candidate can choose based in location either Bikaner. Please also share your current salary and expectation in the resume. Last date for sending applications is 10th July 2022.
Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.