• Responsible for all field based activities to be chalked out and implemented in line with proposal and budget.
• Liaison with the project management group, OSDMA, district and block administration, line departments, and PRI members for implementing the project
• Ensuring M&E plans and systems are in place for desired impact.
• Program and financial reporting on a monthly basis
• Line management of community organisers/Associates and Accountant under project support and look into the capacity building for desired outcomes.
• Represent RCDC in planning & coordination meetings.
• Handle disputes at community level by staying within the ambit of RCDC policies, and in consultation with Sr Program Manager
Specific Roles & Responsibility:
• Development of Execution Plan (budgeted & non-budgeted) and Monitoring Framework for Progress of project activities in close collaboration with the Sr Project Manager
• Project Planning, execution, monitoring and evaluation on timely basis;
• Community mobilisation and formation of Women Led SHGs groups, Rehabilitation Committees, capacity building for institutionalisation of village level organisations.
• Capacity building for micro planning for infrastructure, economy and social development in all the words in close collaboration with Grampanchayat and community based institutions
• Extensive field work, monitoring, record keeping, liaison, documentation and report writing.
• Collect Case studies, success stories, innovative approaches and best practices.
• Preparation of monthly work plan and budgets; monthly performance report
• Assist the Sr Program Manager in preparing donor reports and audit reports
• Ensure that each member fully understands the activities and outcomes and that they are aware of the success criteria which pertain to their work;
• Take responsibility of increasing visibility of RCDC’s work in the field;
• Maintain working relationship with vendors and suppliers
• Any other related work assigned by the Sr Program Manager;
Qualification and Skill:
• Post Graduate Degree in Environment Science, Disaster Preparedness or in Social Science.
• Minimum 5 years relevant experience working on issues related to climate change/ DRR and SHG concepts.
• A demonstrable experience in understanding coastal communities and community development concept.
• Gender awareness and strong consideration to gender equity and equality on all aspects of work.
• Ability to work under pressure and have conflict resolution skills.
• Commitment to humanitarian principles
• Experience in engaging with and convening civil society and experience of working with climate change and displacement issues is a plus.
• Experience in project cycle management and right based approach
• Excellent computer skills in Microsoft Office and internet.
• Demonstrable of personal integrity and high standard of personal conduct.
Salary will be commensurate with skills and experience. Gross Salary will be INR 42,000/-. In addition there is per diem and travel allowance when eligible. This is a field based position. The selected candidate will operate from the field area at Satabhaya Panchayat of Kendrapara district of Odisha. RCDC has its field office at Rajnagar block of Kendrapara. Knowledge of local language is a must.
Interested candidates are encouraged to send their updated CV with full communication details to firstname.lastname@example.org on or before 20th July 2022 by 6.00PM. Women candidates will be preferred. Only shortlisted candidates will be called for the interview.
No TA/DA will be offered for attending the interview. The selection process involves written test and interview.
Women candidates are encouraged to reply.
NB: RCDC reserves the right to postpone and or revoke the recruitment without any prior intimation to the candidate.