Position will be responsible for supporting the partner in implementation of prison intervention and establishing 71 One Stop Centres to promote integrated service delivery.
S/he should have in depth understanding of HIV, issues related to prisons and closed setting in India and knowledge about Key Population. S/He will be responsible for establishing strong linkages with SACS and the line Departments.
S/He will be leading the capacity building, mentoring and supportive supervision of the SR Partner in the above mentioned states
1. Coordinate with Prison Department & SACS/State Health System to advocate for scale-up HIV, TB, STI and HCV intervention among Incarcerated Population, at prisons & closed settings and support the partner in establishing 71 One Stop Centres for integrated health service delivery for H/TG, PWUD/PWID and Bridge Population;
2. Guide the SR team in advocating with SACS and Prison Department for rolling out the project;
3. Guide the SR team in Mapping all Prisons and Closed Settings and H/TG, PWUD/PWID & Bridge Population in selected states to facilitate identification of locations for the 71 One Stop Centres;
4. Guide SR in establishing and mentoring an effective outreach mechanism to reach out to the incarcerated populations at prisons & closed settings & H/TG, PWUD/PWID & Bridge Population;
5. Guiding the SR in developing a program transition plan;
6. Monitor the performance of the program in approved and agreed intervals;
7. Perform other relevant duties as required by the Project Director / Plan India management.
1. Postgraduate Degree in Public Health or Social Science;
2. At least 8+ year experience in managing HIV prevention or Care programs in India for an international donor agency;
3. Strong leadership, communication and interpersonal skills, including ability to develop and communicate a common vision to diverse partners and a multi-disciplinary team;
4. Knowledge of and experience with management of donor-funded agreements or contracts;
5. Strong organizational skills including task and time management.
Desirable Skills Required:
a. Ability to sustain interpersonal and professional relationships with internal colleagues and contacts in donor and partner organizations;
b. Deep understanding of Plan India’s strategy and how efforts contribute to the greater good;
c. Consistently works within internal process and procedures;
d. Strong interpersonal and team building skills;
e. Proactive engagement in private sector / corporate initiatives.
a. Strong planning and time management skills;
b. Excellent written and oral communication skills, including the ability to effectively present complex ideas to diverse audiences;
c. Ability in management of large data, monitoring and evaluation;
d. Ability to problem-solve difficult issues;
e. Ability to multitask with ease, adapting to frequently changing priorities;
f. Strong negotiating and conflict resolutions skills;
g. Proficiency in developing and managing a budget.
a. Strong experience in HIV & AIDS and related issues;
b. Strong knowledge and understanding of donor policies and regulations;
c. Should have experience of working with incarcerated, key and bridge population;
d. Demonstrated ability to work collaboratively with government agencies, civil society and community-based organizations, and other donors;
e. High competence using common desktop applications and internal systems.
a. Demonstrated proficiency in supervising partners, including providing honest feedback;
b. Should be a self-starter and a team player and ability to mentor others.
Travel Requirement: 80% of the total time.
Compensation and Employment:
Plan is an equal opportunity employer and qualified women candidates are encouraged to apply. Our policies and procedures reflect our commitment to child rights and child protection.
How to apply
Please send us your updated resume (Word Format only) along with a suitability note for the position of “Technical Lead Prison Intervention” at email@example.com. Please mention “Technical Lead Prison Intervention” in the subject line.
Last date for sending applications is 20th July 2022. Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted. For more information, please visit our website www.planindia.org