Grade: SB 3 - L 7
Type of contract: Service Contract
Duration: One Year (depending upon availability of funds)
Duty Station: Lucknow, Uttar Pradesh (UPSRLM)
Vacancy Number: 169850
Date of Publication: 14 July 2022
Deadline of Application: 27 July 2022
This vacancy announcement is for Indian Nationals.
Reporting: Programme Policy Officer (Team Lead) in the Project Management Unit at UPSRLM and Programme Policy Officer (Nutrition) in the WFP Country Office in Delhi
To support the roll out of the overall model for production of supplementary nutrition, WFP in close collaboration with UPSRLM will set up a Project Management Unit in UPSRLM to efficiently support the implementation of the project. Under the PMU, staff with different skill sets will be positioned at various levels, including the placement of a Senior Finance Associate (Finance Consultant) at the State level within UPSRLM. The role of the Senior Finance Associate (Finance Consultant) will be to ensure compliance to financial standard operating procedures, processes and policies established by UPSRLM for this project and support the women’s self-help groups in the overall financial management of their units. To support planning and coordinate the delivery of finance, budget and administration support services, and supervise and provide guidance to a team of staff ensuring transparent and efficient utilization of financial resources.
STANDARD MINIMUM QUALIFICATIONS & EXPERIENCE
Education: Completion of secondary school education. A university degree in Finance, Business Administration, Accounting or related fields is preferable.
- 7 years of progressively responsible work experience preferably in the development sector. Previous experience of working in partnership with the government/UN agency/INGO is desirable.
- Knowledge & Skills:
- Excellent interpersonal skills required, including strong professionally communication ability;
- Advocacy and networking skills with a broad range of stakeholders including government, private sector, civil society, academia, NGO and international cooperation
- Knowledge of research methods with familiarity in quantitative and qualitative methods;
- Advanced computer skills with proficiency in Windows, Microsoft office;
- Knowledge of UN system would be an asset
- Knowledge of WFP programmes is an advantage
- Ability to work collaboratively with a diverse team of nutrition and food security experts across fourteen countries
- Tact and diplomacy
Languages: Fluency in spoken and written English and Hindi is a key requirement.
HOW TO APPLY
To be considered, interested candidates are invited to apply via (https://www.wfp.org/careers/job-openings).
Only short-listed candidates will be contacted.
We want to ensure the recruitment process is fully accessible. Please contact us at email@example.com
to advise us of any accessibility needs you may have.
Note: Applicants are requested to Create an account in the system before applying.
Curriculum and applications will be registered and system allows them to update their profile and apply for a job through wfp careers website.